MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Dana White: 'I always thought Melvin Guillard was the biggest waste of talent'   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

"I like Melvin and I like how he’s training hard. I always thought he was the biggest waste of talent and he really turned that around and I’m happy to see it. There’s so many good guys in that 155 pound division, we’re trying to figure out who’s next. That division is so stacked and there’s so many good fights to make. I’m excited to see him in there with Lauzon. If he beats Lauzon, it’s gonna be interesting to see who we end up pitting together to fight for the title next."

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Just shows you that you have to have the mental part of fighting down as well as the skill.

I think it's good Guillard is getting it together, but I also think it's because he is maturing as well, not young and making mistakes and training with good talent.

babalu46 » Posted 1/20/09 12:59:00PM

I think Guillard is going to beat Lauzon at the weekend. Nothing against Lauzon because he's a great fighter but Guillard has dynamite in his hands and I think has the wrestling to stop the takedowns of Lauzon.

It's good to see he's finally putting it all together and making sure everybody takes note of his name.

kingsmasher » Posted 3/10/11 4:01:00PM

I would put the house up on Guillard possibly hurting Lauzon..Guillard got subbed when he wasnt training like he is now...He would go out partying and all...Well thats what he said before..but we will see..

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

I think a round 1 ko by Guillard sounds about right for this one.

Randall » Posted 8/1/11 2:44:00PM

He may have refined his talent some but Guillard's attitude still sucks.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

I'd feel so stupid if Lauzon managed to catch him in a submission, but I gotta go with Guillard. Just think he will come out with that dynamite and end it early.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

Dana's not the only one. i hate to hear him talk, but love to watch him fight

UFC 151: Never Forget

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

I think he KO's Lauzon in the first few minutes and then he needs a higher ranked opponent.

underclasshero4 » Posted 3/28/11 5:00:00PM

New camp for Guillard has not let him down yet. I feel a 2nd rd KO. In his last fight he was a little sloppy trying to set up that KO punch. He might want to work on that.

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

Every time he won even when he was a "waste of talent" he thanked God, so I don't think it was a mental issue before, I think maybe God just forgot to buy tickets to the event on nights he lost.

Hopefully no one takes offense to this as it's just humor. My calendar says 2011.

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

Posted by Kpro

My calendar says 2011.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Posted by FastKnockout

I'd feel so stupid if Lauzon managed to catch him in a submission

I wouldn't feel stupid. In fact, I doubt I'd feel much of anything since I'd likely let out such a high pitch schoolgirl scream that it would cause my heart to skip a beat, possibly causing me to faint, hit my head on the coffee table and knock myself out.

By the way...WAR J-LAU!

40ouncetpkid » Posted 5/3/11 12:43:00AM

I think this is gonna be a sick fight for as long as it lasts but just cant see it ending other then jlo dropping to a huge counter punch. Guillard is gonna be tough as hell to beat since hes been getting better and better, If he wins this nobody can say he hasnt faced the style that could beat him.

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

Posted by Randall

He may have refined his talent some but Guillard's attitude still sucks.

How do you figure?

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]