MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > General MMA Talk
Do u enjoy watching Dominick Cruz fight??   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2 3
hashyandy4 » Posted 3/31/11 10:49:00PM

After another pretty dominating UD last nite, i'm hearing a ton of people say that they don't like Cruz's style, and sum even calling him boring. I have 2 respectfully disagree. I understand that he doesnt finish a lot of fights, but 2 call him boring 2 me, is nuts. Not liking his style is one thing, which i can kinda understand, due 2 how akward it is. But him being boring is crazy, he's always moving and looking 2 attack.

With all that being said, do u personally like Cruz and his style?? And lastly who would u like 2 see him fight next?? I personally would like Bowles, if he beats Faber. (I think its 2 early 4 Faber again.) Lets see what the playground thinks!!

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

A simple NO......would rather watch fresh paint dry with polka music playing in the background.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

im about to watch the fights from last night, so i haven't seen his most recent fight, but i enjoy watching him pick someone apart.

that being said, this thread pretty much says it all. dude can't finish. i do enjoy watching him fight, but don't see him jumping to the tops of a bunch of people's favorites list due to his style of fighting

Khaos » Posted 6/27/07 8:20:00PM

I enjoyed last night's fight.

I don't mind that he goes the distance so frequently, his fights are so eciting that i don't feel like i've just watched a 5 rounder.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

I sure do

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

LOL MMA fans are amazing. First you guys complain that GSP rides for wins and he is boring. No Cruz pieces dudes for 5 rounds and hes boring? Are you kidding me?

hashyandy4 » Posted 3/31/11 10:49:00PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

A simple NO......would rather watch fresh paint dry with polka music playing in the background.

Let me guess, Chael is way more exciting??

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

I enjoy watching Cruz about as much as I enjoy watching GSP.

Which is none.

But hats off to him, for pretty much clearing the division and only rematches being left til new contenders arise.

ghandikush » Posted 7/12/11 3:30:00PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Cruz attempts to finish fights...............

I like grappling wars, to call that last fight boring is a lot like calling Rampage
Hendo boring.

For the record as much as I'll nutthug Cruz all day he will suck in 2-3 years since he usually outstrikes people with a style heavily reliant on reach, having lots of gas, and unorthodox angles. See Rich Franklin for details.

If he beats a real striker I will reevaluate.

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

i enjoy it. i saw some holes in his game last night so i doubt he will keep the title for a long time. i like to watch the little guys, they are almost always fun to watch. somebody will figure him out

jiujitsufreak74 » Posted 9/24/07 7:28:00PM

it's beautiful to watch him fight and i am entertained from bell to bell. he doesn't LnP, he is always trying to advance position and land some GnP. his striking is so intriguing, and while i'm just waiting for someone to head kick him in the face, it is very entertaining to watch imo. he never rests, never stalls and is constantly pushing forward. the fight last night was great, again imo, and i personally can't wait to see him fight again.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Fans want to see finishes, simple as that. I mean look at Fitch, he dominates his opponents, but doesn't get the finish, and most fans consider him boring. On the other side you have Cruz, who is almost polar opposite of Fitch, and most fans also consider him boring. Now look at St. Pierre, who dominates his opponents in EVERY area of the game, fans are now considering him boring. What do these three guys have in common? They don't finish fights. Same with Frankie Edgar. No finishes means boring fighter for MOST fight fans.

In my personal opinion, I find all the fighters I mentioned entertaining. Sure, no flashy knockouts or slick submissions, but damn do they put on a clinic against most of their opponents.

Adrenaline » Posted 4/4/09 2:45:00AM

I'm neutral on Cruz and that generally goes for St. Pierre and Frankie Edgar as well. I respect the talent and effectiveness of said fighters but I would be lying if I said that any of them were on my "must watch fighters" list. I don't really mind that they don't finish fights although it would add more excitement to the fights if you weren't already 99% sure that it was going to end in a decision.

telnights » Posted 6/21/07 4:17:00PM

It was a good fight and I enjoined watching it. If I had to pick something to change I would say, I would have liked to have seen Cruz be a lot more aggressive with his GnP. I felt like sometimes he was just worried with holding position more than anything.

KungFuMaster » Posted 5/17/11 11:13:00PM

I like watching Cruz fight but I would not say I like him. And yes, he is not boring.

Pages: [1] 2 3

[View Full Version of this Page]