MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Mac Danzig Wiman decision? Who won?   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
40ouncetpkid » Posted 5/3/11 12:43:00AM

I feel Danzig won the first round with flurries 2nd with better moments and wiman barely squeezed out the 3rd. Scored it Danzig 29-28. Danzig took it to wiman! FIGHT OF THE YEAR most definitely. Just thought Danzig won.

KungFuMaster » Posted 5/17/11 11:13:00PM

I think the decision reflected Wiman's more punishing shots.

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

Wiman pressed the fight and Danzig looked to counter.

That's how close fights get a winner. Don't be the counter-puncher in a close fight that goes to a decision.

Regardless of aggression and octagon control though, I still had Wiman 29-28. He was more effective with his strikes and landed more often.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

I really thought Danzig was going to win it.
Both the 1rst(Danzig), and 3rd(Wiman) were pretty clear cut to me.
The second could have gone either way, and i think i had it a 10-10.

Personally, i think Danzig's strikes early on were way more damaging than Wiman's elbows. The guy put in some mean body work. With lesser heart, Wiman might have crumbled.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

No where near FOTY, bro. lol

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

I feel Danzig won the first round with flurries 2nd with better moments and wiman barely squeezed out the 3rd. Scored it Danzig 29-28. Danzig took it to wiman! FIGHT OF THE YEAR most definitely. Just thought Danzig won.

FOTY

Danzig's nose told the story of who won the fight.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

I had Wiman winning. It was FOTN but not FOTY.

TeamDEY » Posted 2/1/11 3:41:00PM

I honestly thought Danzig won 29-28 but it was not at ALL FOTY.... probably FOTN it was a great fight but no where close to the FOTY

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

I had wiman winning 29-28
It should be up there for ufc fight of the year

LesnarISjesusWITHnoBEARD » Posted 1/8/09 9:01:00AM

Did you see Danzig's face? I didn't think it could get any uglier. Wiman provedm e wrong.

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

Close fight. I could have seen it go either way. Wiman landed heavier shots with more damage, while Mac landed numerous flurries. Great fight. Mac surprised me quite a bit with his toughness, gas tank, and striking.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

The only things I gave to Danzig was boxing flurries.....Wiman's clinch elbows were more effective IMO than Danzig's clinch uppercuts. Wiman was only in danger of being submitted once in the end. Wiman brought it too him with regards to judging criteria.....aggression control and effective grappling. Strikes were slightly in Danzigs favor during those pure boxing exchanges. I had two rounds to one for Wiman in both American and Japaneses judging criteria.

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

I scored it 30-27 for Danzig.

And that's not coming from bias. I both picked Winman and was rooting for him to win.

Danzig landed more effective shots throughout and controlled the majority of the grappling exchanges. I thought he was clearly in control of the fight. I also think (despite his face) that he landed the crisper more damaging shots.

This is an example of poor judging. Winman was moving forward while Danzig was countering. The fact is, the judges aren't educated enough to pick a winner in a close fight based off of skill, technique, control, and damage. Thats why when there is a close fight, the judges give the decision to the person who was 'doing the obvious.'

Therefore, while I felt according to a fair and objective criteria Danzig was the clear winner, I was not surprised by the decision. These judges can't surprise me anymore.

Edit: To anyone who argues that Winman was controlling the fight because he was moving forward: clearly you have no boxing experience.

Anyone who scored "octagon control" for Winman, in any round, needs to A) go to the nearest boxing gym B) ask to fight the best counter puncher, C) spend three rounds walking forward relentlessly and D) tell me who was in control.

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

Posted by bjj1605

Anyone who scored "octagon control" for Winman, in any round,

Word for word in the MMA Judging Criteria, Octagon Control is:

"The fighter who is dictating the pace, place and position of the fight."

That sentence is open to each judges interpretation but most judges won't consider a counter-puncher to be dictating the pace, place, or position. They would consider the counter-punching more for the Effective Striking category in the judging criteria. That's just how the rule has come to be interpreted right or wrong.

ghandikush » Posted 7/12/11 3:30:00PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

FOTY

Danzig's nose told the story of who won the fight.

Anderson's face was pretty unscathed after Chael but Chael had some marks.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]