MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Shinya Aoki Confirms Fight with Eddie Alvarez and Talks About Why He’s Not in the UFC   [View Full Version]
armbar66j7 » Posted 9/7/11 2:28:00PM

Fresh off his latest win over Rob McCullough in Dream, top five lightweight Shinya Aoki believes he is more dangerous than ever before.

Why you ask?

Because for the last few months, Aoki has been traveling to Singapore to work with Evolve MMA where he’s been working on his striking and Muay Thai skills, and he believes that helped lead him to his first round submission last weekend.

link

and oif someone could tell me where i can find the link on websites, it would be greatly appreciated.

FlashyG » Posted 2/13/08 10:33:00AM

link

Adrenaline » Posted 4/4/09 2:45:00AM

Posted by armbar66j7

and oif someone could tell me where i can find the link on websites, it would be greatly appreciated.

Ummm I hope I'm not missing something and stating the obvious but just copy the URL (address bar) on whatever article you are on and want to share. When you are posting it to the playground, look to the right on the editor and it will say "Insert Web Link". Type what you want the link to say and then it will have you paste the article URL in there, click "ok" and blammo! You are ready to rock and roll.

If that is not what you were asking then I will kindly shut up now

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by armbar66j7

Ummm I hope I'm not missing something and stating the obvious but just copy the URL (address bar) on whatever article you are on and want to share. When you are posting it to the playground, look to the right on the editor and it will say "Insert Web Link". Type what you want the link to say and then it will have you paste the article URL in there, click "ok" and blammo! You are ready to rock and roll.

If that is not what you were asking then I will kindly shut up now

yea dude, thank you, im not very computor literate, but that makes sense

KungFuMaster » Posted 5/17/11 11:13:00PM

I hope Aoki is at least a decent stand up fighter before he comes over to the ufc. If he is not, oh man - he will be torn to pieces by the likes of Edgar, Henderson, Cerrone, and any light weight fighter who is good on their feet.

Posted by KungFuMaster

I hope Aoki is at least a decent stand up fighter before he comes over to the ufc. If he is not, oh man - he will be torn to pieces by the likes of Edgar, Henderson, Cerrone, and any light weight fighter who is good on their feet.

idk about that, id say is jiu jitsy can carry him with no striking to at least beat average ufc guys, but he showed some improvement in his last 10 fights, most recently his razor rob win, but deffinetly would get mauled either way by edgar, his style is a complete clone of melendez

KungFuMaster » Posted 5/17/11 11:13:00PM

Posted by armbar66j7

Posted by KungFuMaster

idk about that, id say is jiu jitsy can carry him with no striking to at least beat average ufc guys, but he showed some improvement in his last 10 fights, most recently his razor rob win, but deffinetly would get mauled either way by edgar, his style is a complete clone of melendez

Don't get me wrong - I want Aoki to do well in the ufc if and when he comes over. I just don't like how vulnerable he is when he is standing. I don't think he knows how to throw a proper punch - let alone generate any kind of power.

Most ufc fighters come in with good game plans despite their standings in the rankings. The key to beating Aoki should be no surprise for any fighter.

What Aoki needs to do is dedicate his training to include striking and wrestling while brushing up on his Jiu Jitsu and Judo. If he does this for 2 years, I would love to see him in the octagon and I think he would do well whether or not he ever becomes a ufc champion.

IMO, Aoki has the perfect frame for the 155 lb weight class and if he was to further improve on his weaknesses, the monster they talked about will finally emerge.

Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

Forget Frankie Edgar, I think he'd struggle against the mid-tier Lw's, like Joe Lauzon and Matt Wiman. On any given night he has the chance to beat anyone because of his incredible BJJ, but he's not going to catch lightning in a bottle every night.

I think he'd have a similar UFC tenure as another Japanese fighter..Takanori Gomi...he scored a big win over a name fighter in Tyson Griffin, then succumbed to the shark tank that is the UFC LW division. I wouldn't mind seeing those two matched up, while I'm on the subject.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Aoki would be the first man to submit Bendo

if/whew Aoki comes over, his first fight should be against Bocek...unless Bocek is on a 3 fight losing streak. neither fighter has great striking but both are really skilled grapplers.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Aoki actually has some very good trip takedowns. Wrestlers, in a very generalized sense, have difficulty stopping Judo if they havent spent time preparing for it.

The conception that Aoki has no "wrestling" is actually very beneficial to Aoki. He can get the takedowns on alot of people that most wouldn't expect.

[View Full Version of this Page]