MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC planning two shows in one night, maybe in February   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

UFC president Dana White laid out ambitious plans for future international live events. White envisions multiple, simultaneous UFC shows, perhaps as early as February.

“When we go to Japan next year, we are going to be putting on a show at the same time in Las Vegas,” he said.

While he didn’t confirm the date, UFC is scheduled for a show on Feb. 26 at the Saitama Super Arena in Japan. The show would take place in the early afternoon in Japan, so it would air in the U.S. on Feb. 25, a Saturday night, live in the usual 9 p.m. Eastern pay-per-view time slot.

When asked how the company was going to handle a dual-show evening from a television standpoint, White just smiled and said, “You’ll see.”

LINK

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

if there's a chance of me getting to watch 20 fights in one night, im down!!!!!1

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

if there's a chance of me getting to watch 20 fights in one night, im down!!!!!1

Holy tits

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

one better be free cuz I'm not paying $44.95 twice

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

When asked how the company was going to handle a dual-show evening from a television standpoint, White just smiled and said, “You’ll see.”

Suck on that HHH!!!

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

That's a lot to keep up with, honestly.

I have a hard time keeping up now.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Not sure how I feel about this. It already sucks trying to decide UFC events vs. other MMA events on one night, I don't like the thought of trying to decide between UFC vs. UFC.

machodog76 » Posted 6/26/07 10:37:00PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Poor_Franklin

amen to that! I've plunked down way too much this year.

Manak » Posted 6/29/07 12:28:00PM

Posted by machodog76

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Poor_Franklin

amen to that! I've plunked down way too much this year.

Maybe they put japan on fox and have the other on ppv.. DVR time, or just have time start at different times, but having to pay for 2 in one night is stretching it

babalu46 » Posted 1/20/09 12:59:00PM

I doubt they'd make people pay for two PPV's in a night. Surely one would be free. Or maybe a staggered pricing system at the very least so people aren't shelling out full price for 2 PPV's.

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

As long as I don't have to 1) Pay twice or 2) choose to watch only one of the events, I guess this is fine.

I agree that it will be hard to keep up with though. Being a hard core fan is hard. We have lives and other stuff to worry about. The more shows the UFC puts on a year (and the more weight classes they add) the harder it is follow the sport.

KungFuMaster » Posted 5/17/11 11:13:00PM

This is awesome because I have always felt the PPV events were kind of short. Not enough time to get hammered.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Posted by bjj1605

We have lives and other stuff to worry about.

What are these "lives" that you speak of and where can I buy one?

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by bjj1605

We have lives and other stuff to worry about.

What are these "lives" that you speak of and where can I buy one?

Well naturally playground life is more important than so called "real" life...

Sir_Karl » Posted 9/7/07 9:27:00PM

Personally I think 2 UFC events in the same night is wicked lame. It would actually be downright annoying and irritating. Between Strikeforce and the UFC, Zuffa has a lot of fighters contracted. One event a week between the two promotions would suit me fine. If they need to have 2 in the course of a week they can have it on a different night. Please? Any would suffice. If they did have 2 events on the same night I would surely hope they are viewable at different times.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]