MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC champ Jon Jones: Rashad Evans is not even close to having my number   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

After witnessing the pre-fight tension between UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones (14-1 MMA, 8-1 UFC) and his UFC 135 opponent Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (32-9 MMA, 7-3 UFC), the pair's almost-playful banter at Saturday night's post-event press conference seemed a tad bizarre.

However, after Jones submitted Jackson in the evening's main event, both fighters said the tension that once existed between them has been resolved.

In contrast, the champ does not feel the same about his next opponent: former training partner Rashad Evans.

"I don't want to talk about Rashad tonight," Jones flatly said.

LINK

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

I think Jones will be able to get on top of him and pound him out in the 2nd.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

We will have to wait over a year before Jones is in a fight that he will have a chance of losing. Next is rashad, then shogun. After that maybe either machida or silva and after watching last night I think those two are the only ones who could beat him at LHW.

Afflicted » Posted 8/17/08 4:21:00PM

So I guess your just counting out Hendo in the Shogun fight? I think Hendo takes Shogun, and then gives Jones a good fight, probably losing a decision. I really hope Anderson vacates the middle weight title and takes on Jones before he starts to lose a step. Anderson is really the only guy that I see really challenging Jones, although I think he will lose to him as well, but he might actually be able to inflict some damage.

Manak » Posted 6/29/07 12:28:00PM

Posted by Afflicted

So I guess your just counting out Hendo in the Shogun fight? I think Hendo takes Shogun, and then gives Jones a good fight, probably losing a decision. I really hope Anderson vacates the middle weight title and takes on Jones before he starts to lose a step. Anderson is really the only guy that I see really challenging Jones, although I think he will lose to him as well, but he might actually be able to inflict some damage.

word, but i also think u can say machida has a chance just because of is unique style

kingsmasher » Posted 3/10/11 4:01:00PM

Posted by Afflicted

Shogun will beat Hendo easily....Hendo would get stomped by Jon Jones...The only tests for Jones are in the HW division...SIlva cant beat Jones either...

Anyone that knows fighting should know that with Jones reach the only way he will lose is a lucky shot from anyone smaller than him...Thats why he will own Silva and anyone at 205...NOBODY CAN TRAIN FOR A GUY LIKE JONES>...SHOW ME SOMEONE WITH HIS ATHLETICISM AND REACH AND THATS SOMETHING PEOPLE NEVER HAVE SEEN IN MMA...

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

1/5 on an inch. Thats all you have to move your pinky for people to read what you write.

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Posted by Budgellism

I think Jones will be able to get on top of him and pound him out in the 2nd.

Yeah, I was thinking the 3rd round.

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Posted by Pookie

1/5 on an inch. Thats all you have to move your pinky for people to read what you write.

I laughed

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

I think Jones will most likely take Rashad but i'm not counting him out completly. Rashad will have better wrestling than Rampage but his chances in the striking department will probably be about the same as Quintons,only Evans won't be able to withstand half the punishment Rampage did.

telnights » Posted 6/21/07 4:17:00PM

The one thing Rashad does have is speed. But I don't think that's going to help him much against the reach of Jones.

Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Afflicted

Shogun will beat Hendo easily....Hendo would get stomped by Jon Jones...The only tests for Jones are in the HW division...SIlva cant beat Jones either...

Anyone that knows fighting should know that with Jones reach the only way he will lose is a lucky shot from anyone smaller than him...Thats why he will own Silva and anyone at 205...NOBODY CAN TRAIN FOR A GUY LIKE JONES>...SHOW ME SOMEONE WITH HIS ATHLETICISM AND REACH AND THATS SOMETHING PEOPLE NEVER HAVE SEEN IN MMA...

Last time Hendo was "stomped and beaten easily" was?

BlueSkiesBurn » Posted 6/1/08 3:18:00PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Afflicted

Jake Shields & Anderson Silva

Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Afflicted

The same Shields fight that Hendo cut 19lbs the day of the weigh in and was drained from meds from a back injury that left him largely unable to train the last 2 weeks of his training camp, that Shields fight?

The Silva fight was a round apiece up until the finish, not exactly a stomping

Manak » Posted 6/29/07 12:28:00PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Afflicted

The same Shields fight that Hendo cut 19lbs the day of the weigh in and was drained from meds from a back injury that left him largely unable to train the last 2 weeks of his training camp, that Shields fight?

The Silva fight was a round apiece up until the finish, not exactly a stomping

I Still dont understand how ppl can ever count hendo out.. 28 win to 8 loses 5 by dec n 3 by sub.... n look at the list he has fought without ever being finished with strikes, and lets not forget fighting in 3 different weight classes. Yes he is a bigger version of anderson but to say own him. Anderson is quite possibly the greatest ever fighter, I would never count him out in fight esp with his speed and accuracy. Jones's reach is freaky though dwight howard has only 4 inchs more and he is one of the biggest basketball players

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]