MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Dan Henderson vs. Shogun Rua Winner Gets Next Shot at the Title After Rashad Evans   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

When Dan Henderson returns at UFC 139 to face Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua, a shot at the UFC light heavyweight title will be on the line.

UFC President Dana White confirmed that the bout between Henderson and Rua will be a No. 1 contender’s match when speaking to MMAWeekly.com on Wednesday.

According to White, Rashad Evans is still next in line to get the winner of this weekend’s fight between champion Jon Jones and challenger Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson, but either Hendo or Rua will get the next crack at the belt.

“It would be tough not to give the winner of that the next shot,” said White.

mmaweekly

UFC 151: Never Forget

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

I saw this one coming. Henderson vs Jones is an interesting matchup and I wouldn't mind seeing shogun vs Jones again, minus the injury excuses. 2012 is gonna be a killer year!!!

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

mattjonesy » Posted 5/22/07 7:05:00PM

Thats a long wait for either fighter. Dont think Shogun or Hendo will wait that long.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

I doubt they will wait that long.
My guess is jones/page winner vs evans superbowl weekend

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

That's a loooong time span for Shogun to get injured again.

tallica62 » Posted 6/22/07 2:18:00AM

how/why did phil davis just got totally thrown out? He was set to fight Rashad but got injured, and a win with that fight would have surely gotten him 1-2 fights away from title shot....now hes not even in the mix...

ill answer my own statement and say regardless of how good he is, those other guys are just bigger names and draws at this point

thanks for the answer self..

you're welcome..

DeadHead988 » Posted 8/19/10 2:42:00PM

This makes me really want Hendo to win

TeamDEY » Posted 2/1/11 3:41:00PM

Posted by DeadHead988

This makes me really want Hendo to win

Agreed.. I love Shogun but I would love to see Dan fight for the title again.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

I like the idea, but time might be a problem. Bunch of good possibilities though.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

Posted by tallica62

how/why did phil davis just got totally thrown out? He was set to fight Rashad but got injured, and a win with that fight would have surely gotten him 1-2 fights away from title shot....now hes not even in the mix...

ill answer my own statement and say regardless of how good he is, those other guys are just bigger names and draws at this point

thanks for the answer self..

you're welcome..

machida next for phil?

UFC 151: Never Forget

KungFuMaster » Posted 5/17/11 11:13:00PM

I don't like it one bit. I agree a win for Henderson is deserving of a title shot but I disagree with Rua receiving a title shot if he should win.

Consigliere » Posted 2/8/11 1:37:00PM

I agree, Giving Shogun another title shot again after only one win.. That's just too fast. There are other's who're waiting for their shot..
Shogun needs to have another streak of at least 3 wins to earn his shot again.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by Consigliere

I agree, Giving Shogun another title shot again after only one win.. That's just too fast. There are other's who're waiting for their shot..
Shogun needs to have another streak of at least 3 wins to earn his shot again.

it would actually be 2 wins against top 10 LHW: Hendo and Griffin.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Bythar » Posted 8/1/07 5:50:00AM

Winner gets shot at title - where have I heard this before...

ghandikush » Posted 7/12/11 3:30:00PM

Welcome to boxing Just make your stars wait out a year because its easier to promote a bigger event that way.......

Winner vs Lyoto for title shot makes much more sense to me, and I'm a die hard Lyoto fan that doesnt want to see him clash with either of those styles.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]