MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Shogun Rua Tabbed to Welcome Dan Henderson Back at UFC 139   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 >>
grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Dan Henderson and Mauricio “Shogun” Rua have verbally agreed to face off at UFC 139 on Nov. 19, MMAWeekly.com has learned.

Independent sources confirmed the fight, which will stand as Henderson’s return to the organization after defeating Russian heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko in Strikeforce.

The bout will likely be the new main event for the card that saw its prior main event between heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez and no. 1 contender Junior dos Santos get moved to the main event of the Nov. 12 UFC on Fox fight card.

Henderson’s return will signal the start of his third tenure in the UFC after recently spending some time in Strikeforce, where he won the organization’s light heavyweight crown in March. At 41 years old, Henderson remains a viable competitor at both middleweight and light heavyweight, and will look to hold the same status in his return to the Las Vegas-based organization...

Link

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UFC 151: Never Forget

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

I'll be rocking my Pride shirt.

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

Well, Well, Well. Great fight, great matchmaking.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Oh, HELL YEAH!

ghandikush » Posted 7/12/11 3:30:00PM

This was THE matchup I wanted to see from him in the UFC right after THE matchup I wanted in Strikeforce.

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

My word! This fight has been years and years in the making. I am gonna be looking for big fanfare here! Hype coming out the wazoo! I want trailer packages chock full of Pride highlights, and then some more current fights for context. Can UFC 139 be titled "Unfinished Business" as well?

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

Posted by pmoney
I want trailer packages chock full of Pride highlights, and then some more current fights for context. Can UFC 139 be titled "Unfinished Business" as well?

i'll allow it

UFC 151: Never Forget

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Posted by ghandikush

This was THE matchup I wanted to see from him in the UFC right after THE matchup I wanted in Strikeforce.

Yup. Same here man. I wanted Shogun vs. Hendo before I wanted Fedor vs. Hendo but I'll take them in any order they want to give them to me.

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Hollywood Henderson via TKO - - rd 2

DeadHead988 » Posted 8/19/10 2:42:00PM

Hendo via dominant ko

Hendo67 » Posted 11/18/08 1:59:00PM

WOW!

shaneTpain » Posted 7/30/11 2:57:00PM

Posted by Hendo67

WOW!

SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

Posted by shaneTpain

Posted by Hendo67

WOW!

But what is the point in Strikeforce now!?

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Very nice fight and it makes sense

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 >>

[View Full Version of this Page]