MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Dana White: Facebook Fights to End in January, All Fights Will Be Televised   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2] 3
emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

As long as it's *not* on Fuel (which I don't have), I'm cool with it.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Posted by emfleek

Same.

As long as it's a channel that I have and can DVR then it will work better for me. B/c I have to work some nights of events and can't watch the facebook fights.

Cooler » Posted 6/7/10 4:11:00PM

should've been that way since day one, lot of good fights ive missed out on in the last 9 years.

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

boing!

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Posted by emfleek

I think it's a good chance it'll be Fuel.

snakeplissken » Posted 2/17/07 4:55:00PM

Does anyone know where the fights will be broadcast in the UK once the ESPN deal is up?

SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

Posted by snakeplissken

Does anyone know where the fights will be broadcast in the UK once the ESPN deal is up?

TUF is moving to FX and I'm not 100% on whats happening with the actual events.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

I don't think Dana will leave anyone across the pond out. He'll make the fights available for everyone.

Dberntson » Posted 6/16/09 12:09:00PM

I think its great. I love watching the fights on TV versus facebook. Plus now that they will be televised, the undercard fighters should get paid more via sponsorship money and maybe from the UFC as they will be getting money from the FOX deal. Some of the best fights are usually on the undercard and they dont get their fare share of the money. A lot of the time I think the Fight of the Night, KO of the night and submission of the night are on the undercard fights, but because the fights aren't televised, Dana disproportionately gives the bonuses to the main card fighters, who also are making the bigger money in the first place.

ruyen » Posted 9/16/09 12:49:00PM

Posted by SmileR

Why switch from a free form available across the whole world to a smaller more selective audience?
The Facebook fights have gotten so many people in the UK and Europe interested in MMA and the UFC its shocking. Now the UFC has taken TUF off ESPN an put it on a channel no one has and they are doing the same with the Facebook fights.

I don't get how dramatically limiting your audience is a good thing. Half the new fans have no idea how to watch the fights now and the other half have no idea its even moved.

Sounds great if you're in the USA but for anyone outside its no looking good.

Agreed completely. Far more MMA fans have Facebook than have Fuel. Just sayin'

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

Well my day started out with a flat tire. So to this news I give a hearty hooray!

Hendo67 » Posted 11/18/08 1:59:00PM

Awesome news, there's something sad about drinking beer and gathering around a laptop computer...

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

Posted by Hendo67

Awesome news, there's something sad about drinking beer and gathering around a laptop computer...

That's what HDMI cords are for!

Hendo67 » Posted 11/18/08 1:59:00PM

Hah, true enough i guess. I never ever went ahead and got one... oh well, no need to now!

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

Thank the good Lord. I hate facebook, I have never had an account and never will. I dont need idiots from high school i dont care about, trying to stay in contact with me.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

[View Full Version of this Page]