MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC Fight Night 25 bonuses: Ellenberger, Waldburger, Benoist, Riddle earn $55K awards   [View Full Version]
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Jake Ellenberger, T.J. Waldburger, Lance Benoist, Matt Riddle each earned $55,000 fight-night bonuses for their performances at Saturday's UFC Fight Night 25 event.

Ellenberger earned the night's "Knockout of the Night" award, Waldburger picked up the "Submission of the Night" bonus, and Benoist and Riddle took home "Fight of the Night" honors.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) learned of the bonus winners and award amounts at UFC Fight Night 25's post-fight press conference.

UFC Fight Night 25 took place at New Orleans' Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. The night's main card aired on Spike TV while the prelims streamed on Facebook.

LINK

isk » Posted 12/5/07 12:38:00PM

This card was decent overall with the prelims; it's just that 2 out of the 3 broadcast fights that disappointed. Random thoughts!

--Matt Riddle and Court McGee need to learn how to commit to their strikes. They both have awesome chins and top notch cardio with entertaining top games, not to mention positive attitudes. They just tend to come up short range-wise when boxing.

--Already several parallels between Waldburger and Hazelett. We'll see how he handles the stronger wrestlers at WW after getting crushed by Hendricks. For now, he put on a super slick BJJ game last night, was fun to watch.

--How about that Alan Belcher? I had him winning the fight with no issue, and that's exactly what happened. Very glad to see he appears to have made a full recovery from a terrifying injury. I heard Maia thrown around as his next opponent. I'm okay with that, or Munoz. My only concern is that he seems to have lost a little muscle definition - he's still a hulk at MW, but I hope he's able to keep his cardio up.

Bloodhound » Posted 5/27/08 1:50:00PM

Posted by isk

This card was decent overall with the prelims; it's just that 2 out of the 3 broadcast fights that disappointed. Random thoughts!

[b]--Matt Riddle and Court McGee need to learn how to commit to their strikes. They both have awesome chins and top notch cardio with entertaining top games, not to mention positive attitudes. They just tend to come up short range-wise when boxing.[/b]

did you listen to beatdown after the bell last night?

isk » Posted 12/5/07 12:38:00PM

Yeah, they read my email on the air. Good times.

[View Full Version of this Page]