MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Chan Sung Jung vs. Mark Hominick Targeted for UFC 140 in Toronto   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

A match up between UFC featherweights Chan Sung Jung and Mark Hominick is in the works for UFC 140 in Toronto. A source close to "The Korean Zombie" relayed that the fight was green lit and a source from Hominick's camp confirmed to Bloody Elbow that he will be fighting at the event.

Chan Sung Jung (11-3) debuted in North America with a bang against Leonard Garcia at WEC 48. Despite losing a split decision, the back and forth brawl was deemed Fight of the Century and Jung was a hit with fans. Disappointment would follow for the Korean Top Team fighter, as George Roop became the first fighter to knock him out, but he submitted Leonard Garcia with the Octagon's first Twister in their rematch at UFC Fight Night 24 in March.

Canadian Mark Hominick (20-9) is fresh off a gutsy title fight with champ Jose Aldo at UFC 129. The loss snapped a five-fight streak for the Team Tompkins kickboxer that included Yves Jabouin, Leonard Garcia and George Roop.

LINK

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Something tells me The Korean Zombie won't be able to walk through the bombs Hominick will land.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

The Machine's vs the Zombie's

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Posted by FastKnockout

Something tells me The Korean Zombie won't be able to walk through the bombs Hominick will land.

I'm thinking Hominick wins a decision but I wouldn't be surprised to see him pull of a tko.

hashyandy4 » Posted 3/31/11 10:49:00PM

Same Here Hominick by convincing UD

DrivenDavies15 » Posted 8/10/11 1:23:00AM

I deffs see hominick winning this by UD maybe even a late KO either way will be very entertaining

Bloodhound » Posted 5/27/08 1:50:00PM

should be a fun fight to watch although Hominick is gonna pick the Korean Zombie apart

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Great match up!!! Fight of the night

Bythar » Posted 8/1/07 5:50:00AM

I like this fight a lot - but I just feel that given how crisp Hominick is, and how wild Jung is, that it isn't going to be competitive unless the Zombie can work the takedown.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

to be devils advocate - Jung's ground game is worlds better than Hominick's

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

here is some simple MMA math:

Hominick destroyed Roop
Roop knocked out Jung with a head kick

therefore Hominick will steamroll Jung

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

tn_rebel » Posted 1/1/09 9:36:00PM

Zombie by twister

BigCountryFedor » Posted 4/17/10 3:57:00PM

Posted by Bubbles

here is some simple MMA math:

Hominick destroyed Roop
Roop knocked out Jung with a head kick

therefore Hominick will steamroll Jung

Wish it were that simple. Jung reminds me a lot of another guy that destroyed Hominick twice, and thats Hioki, both have a way better grappling prowess than Hominick and I'd go ahead and say they both have dynamite chins so its gonna be real tough to stop Jung and Hominick hasnt shown the power like the head kick Roop landed, Hominick is more of a jab artist who loves going in and out of the pocket, I actually expect quite a well rounded fight not just a standup war like everyone assumes Jung will do everytime.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Jung will have a reach advantage also.

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

This is great matchmaking. Clash of styles, no doubt. I'm hoping Jung can take Hominick down and make this fight more interesting than the consensus thinks it will be. Hominick can pick him a part, yes, but Jung could work him on the ground.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]