MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC Fight Night 25's Cody McKenzie: If I lose, I should be done with the UFC   [View Full Version]
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

With 11 first-round submission victories in 12 career wins, Cody McKenzie – and his opponents – never really knew where his conditioning stood.

Over the years, his variations of the guillotine choke have wreaked havoc on them. But in his two career losses (one official and one in an exhibition match), including his most recent to Yves Edwards, McKenzie found himself struggling to keep up with the pace.

However, with "The Ultimate Fighter 12" alum knowing he had a hole in his game that needed filled, McKenzie (12-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) made the adjustments needed to ensure that he's performing at full speed against Vagner Rocha (6-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC) at Saturday's UFC Fight Night 25 event.

"I've never had good wind," McKenzie recently told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). "Everybody who's watched me fight knows that. I've finished all my fights in the first (round), and when it's gone to the second, I got finished. The two times I've ever been beaten, I gassed (in) both of them. So, I knew that my cardio needed readjusting, so I have worked a lot more on my cardio for this fight.

"But yeah, I've never had the best wind, but definitely from now on out you won't see me gassing."

LINK

Really hope Mckenzie can pull this win off.

kingsmasher » Posted 3/10/11 4:01:00PM

Well if Cody has half a brain...which is debatable...He will do like Cerrone and leg kick Rocha....Rocha has small legs and was just getting crushed with those...Rocha only has BJJ...

Posted by kingsmasher

Well if Cody has half a brain...which is debatable...He will do like Cerrone and leg kick Rocha....Rocha has small legs and was just getting crushed with those...Rocha only has BJJ...

"Well if Cody has half a brain...which is debatable..."

Be careful.. Some would consider that fighter bashing.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

He should drop in weight regardless if he wins or loses.

DeadHead988 » Posted 8/19/10 2:42:00PM

That's a pretty ballsy thing to say, especially since they would probably keep him even if he did lose.

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

I have him losing.

Aether » Posted 4/26/07 1:42:00AM

Posted by DeadHead988

That's a pretty ballsy thing to say, especially since they would probably keep him even if he did lose.

I really doubt that they would keep him if he lost. It will put him at 1-2 since TUF, with his 1 win being on the TUF finale against another contestant from his season. On top of that he's a completely one dimensional fighter. I would be shocked if he lost and didn't get cut, with or without this comment.

Posted by kingsmasher

Ahhh, the armchair quarterback MMA fan

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Posted by kingsmasher

...but Cody doesnt have leg kicks like cowboy does. You can't emulate someone else's gameplan if you don't have the same tools.

It's like when Florian tried to do what Gsp did to BJ Penn, and it had literally no effect.

Cooler » Posted 6/7/10 4:11:00PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

I have him losing.

The loveable Chael Sonnen not picking the American automatically, I must say I'm disappointed

Posted by Cooler

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

I have him losing.

The loveable Chael Sonnen not picking the American automatically, I must say I'm disappointed

Republicans are not fans of hippies

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by Cooler

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

I have him losing.

So you pick who you're a fan of, rather than who you think will win?

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by Cooler

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

I have him losing.

So you pick who you're a fan of, rather than who you think will win?

tried it, doesn't work

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

[View Full Version of this Page]