MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC Fight Night 25's Erik Koch looks to bag knockout turkey, score title shot   [View Full Version]
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

At just 22 years old, Team Roufusport featherweight Erik Koch (12-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) is sporting a brand new tan (shout out to Milwaukee's Sun Seekers, says the formerly pasty contender) and an abundance of confidence.

After closing out a three-fight WEC run with a "Knockout of the Night" win, Koch scored a repeat performance in his octagon debut, crushing Raphael Assuncao at UFC 128.

Now Koch faces "The Ultimate Fighter 12" winner Jonathan Brookins (12-3 MMA, 1-0 UFC) at this weekend's UFC Fight Night 25 event, and "New Breed" thinks another knockout win should earn him a shot at the UFC's featherweight title.

"I think if I can do what I want I can get another knockout or 'Knockout of the Night' or fast in the first round, I think I deserve one right away," Koch said. "That's three (knockouts) in a row. That would be four (wins) in a row in the first round. It's a hell of a streak.

"I don't know anybody else at 145 pounds with a streak like that other than Chad (Mendes), and I know he deserves it. We'll see how that plays out."

LINK

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Koch via 2nd round destruction

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

I like this kid, only loss is getting wrestled by Mendes.

hashyandy4 » Posted 3/31/11 10:49:00PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I like this kid, only loss is getting wrestled by Mendes.

Totally Agree

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

I've met him a few times, he's a cool guy. I like his fighting style. I hope he scores a wicked KO.
Im saying he finishes it in round 1.

[View Full Version of this Page]