MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Fedor Emelianenko vs. Jeff Monson slated for Nov. 20 M-1 event in Moscow   [View Full Version]
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

A rumored bout between Fedor Emelianenko (31-4) and Jeff Monson (42-12) is now slated for a Nov. 20 M-1 Global event in Russia.

The fight, which previously was expected to take place Nov. 12, instead takes place eight days later at Olympic Stadium in Moscow.

M-1 officials today announced the plans.

The Nov. 20 date allows M-1 Global to avoid going head to head with the UFC's debut event on FOX, as well as a boxing blockbuster between Juan Manuel Marquez and Manny Pacquiao, which are both scheduled for Nov. 12.

LINK

Wallass » Posted 10/7/08 5:39:00PM

Oh how the mighty have fallen!

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by Wallass

Oh how the mighty have fallen!

Remember, Monson lasted longer against Cormier then the man that pounded Fedor, Antonio Silva. This is a better matchup then people think. I'll still take Fedor

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

That' a lot of experince between these two.
I don't think it's going to be a fast paced fight but when their's action......They'll be action.

Sir_Karl » Posted 9/7/07 9:27:00PM

I am a Monson fan but Fedor really needs to win this fight for the sake of his career. Monson matches up good for Fedor. Monson poses no real punching threat to Fedor and Fedor should be able to deal with Monson's groundgame. I say "should". Fedor hasn't looked good at all lately. He looks outdated and has been outclassed. If Fedor loses this fight he is going to the "Chateau Bow Wow".

finnish_line » Posted 8/16/07 8:54:00AM

I think Fedor will win, but if he doesn't, then we got a Jens Pulver type situation on our hands.

ghandikush » Posted 7/12/11 3:30:00PM

I said it before, if Monson trained hard in camp he wins. If he didnt train hard he loses. He could easilly lnp to vitory I think.

[View Full Version of this Page]