MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Dave Meltzer: Nick Diaz Lost a Seven Figure PPV Cut For His UFC 137 Antics   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Wrestling Observer writer Dave Meltzer had some interesting insight into the whole Nick Diaz UFC 137 saga that has dragged on over the past week. Specifically, Meltzer talked about how much money Diaz lost out on when he was removed from the main event fight with Georges St. Pierre.

LINK

Wallass » Posted 10/7/08 5:39:00PM

Dave says a lot of stuff.

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Posted by Wallass

Not sure if you're implying that he's not credible, but he's about as credible as they come.

machodog76 » Posted 6/26/07 10:37:00PM

Posted by Wallass

You know him?

Randall » Posted 8/1/11 2:44:00PM

Does Diaz know how much weed he just cost himself? DAMN SON!

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Sucks for Diaz. Maybe he'll cut the sh*t and start acting like a man.

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

DeadHead988 » Posted 8/19/10 2:42:00PM

good

Aether » Posted 4/26/07 1:42:00AM

I would say that losing a million dollars would sober just about anyone up, but Diaz really has this mentality that everyone is to blame other than himself.

If he missed the press conferences it was because other people didn't work hard enough to get him there, or other people didn't explain to him that it was important to show up, I doubt that the guy will ever change his mentality, he's way too defensive and paranoid, he'll just blame someone else.

icantthinkofanything » Posted 1/16/09 11:38:00PM

Diaz blames everyone else but himself. He may not be scared of GSP, but maybe unconsciously Diaz was down playing press, and feels he isn't earning enough respect...and because he doesnt wanna risk losing his reputation as one of the best fighters,, and a badass that doesnt follow the rules like the media portrays him as, and he downplays that role but plays it up also. he would rather not take a huge risk unless he is being blessed with respect on top of 7 figures (which he can make in a title run if he isnt the number 1 contender. but Diaz makes a self fulfilling prophecy of being the bad guy
Because eventhough he destroyed Daley, only the hardcore Diaz fans seem to think he can win, and everyone else expects a neutralizing UD by GSP as usual. Diaz wants ppeolpe to think he is the most worthy opponent now, and has the real potential to win.
\
by getting angry and paranoid. He thinks no one wants to see him fight, he is nuts because seats sold out and everyone has to be as excited as I am about him facing Bj penn!@!!

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

That's crazy!! Would the ufc really give diaz that type of money

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Posted by DeadHead988

good

I actually laughed out loud after reading that article.

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Wallass

Not sure if you're implying that he's not credible, but he's about as credible as they come.

I call total BS on the difference between what he'll get paid to face Penn and what he would've been paid to face GSP over a million dollars.

I don't care how credible he is. No cited sources, no quotes, no mention of even hearing it said from anyone. Sounds pulled out of the air and most likely is.

Posted by Kpro

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Wallass

I call total BS on the difference between what he'll get paid to face Penn and what he would've been paid to face GSP over a million dollars.

I don't care how credible he is. No cited sources, no quotes, no mention of even hearing it said from anyone. Sounds pulled out of the air and most likely is.

If he stated sources, he would probably no longer have any. The difference between him and some other random reporter is that his information always proves to be accurate. When he reports something, he has intimate knowledge of the situation...or else you wouldn't be hearing about it. That's what people have come to expect from him...which is also why people don't rely on named sources when he speaks. Trust me, if it was anyone other than Meltzer, the first thing I would want is a source.

Edit: it actually makes sense though...when you figure the difference between having a PPV cut and not, it would be the same situation for many other fighters as well.

Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Meltzer has been incorrect on a ton of things over the years, just as others have so he's not any different

Posted by Shawn91111

Meltzer has been incorrect on a ton of things over the years, just as others have so he's not any different

I can't speak for his wrestling coverage, but everything MMA related that I've seen has been pretty much spot-on. I am open minded though and always willing to listen to some examples.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]