MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Anderson Silva Likely Out Until Early 2012 With Shoulder Injury   [View Full Version]
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

The news isn't exactly shocking, but it's still news - UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva will likely not be returning to the cage in 2011. Silva fought Yushin Okami at UFC 134 with a shoulder injury, and he needs time to let it heal. MMA Fighting has the news:

Anderson Silva's injured shoulder will most likely keep him out until early 2012, Silva's manager Ed Soares informed MMA Fighting on Saturday night.

Silva injured his shoulder in training for his UFC 134 fight against Yushin Okami last month, which he won via second-round TKO. There was some fear within his camp that he would have to undergo surgery, but Soares said Silva will simply need rehab to heal it.

LINK

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Shitty. I was hoping he'd be thrown in as the main event for ufc 140

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

That's alright, he doesn't really have any challengers.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Sonnen/Stann winner if they're good to go

wgwolfordredux » Posted 9/11/11 10:12:00PM

I'd say he probably wouldn't have fought until February anyway, so it shouldn't make a huge difference. Sucks that he's hurt though. Anderson is my favorite fighter.

DeadHead988 » Posted 8/19/10 2:42:00PM

Posted by wgwolfordredux

I'd say he probably wouldn't have fought until February anyway, so it shouldn't make a huge difference. Sucks that he's hurt though. Anderson is my favorite fighter.

My favorite is Jesus

fonduktoe » Posted 1/4/08 6:33:00PM

he actually hurt his shoulder by lifting up a school bus full of cancer-ridden children right before it crashed into a pet store full of catholic puppies. when the dust settled he cured all the children and than promptly launched into the air via ass-rainbows.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Probably super bowl weekend or even japan main event

icantthinkofanything » Posted 1/16/09 11:38:00PM

Hopefully he fights GSP or Jon Jones next or B4 he retires!!!

Shogun or Rashad Evans would work as well. The guy is past his prime in age, 30-33 is what I think of as a MW's prime. Silva looks preetty big at lhw, his lanky frame allows him to cut so much weight to mazke mw. GSP is small these days at ww, due to the weight cutting of the rest of the division, whereas he used to be one of the biggest. It makes sense for GSP to keep being the ww champ, and fight Silva in a 5 round, non title fight at a

Catchweight

Because if GSP fights at mw, and wins the title, he doesn't want to stay in that division, and both the Spider and GSP are trying to surpass the # of title defenses of each other.

Hendo67 » Posted 11/18/08 1:59:00PM

One positive about this, it kind of sorts out the MW division and a number 1 contender will emerge (Not a number 3 contender, or number 4 contender) - Anderson would then get the true MW contender.

ghandikush » Posted 7/12/11 3:30:00PM

Posted by Hendo67

One positive about this, it kind of sorts out the MW division and a number 1 contender will emerge (Not a number 3 contender, or number 4 contender) - Anderson would then get the true MW contender.

In term of rankings. Both Chael and Stann are overratted imo. Chael got beat and then whooped as after trt use that he is no longer approved for.

Stann has yet to beat a true top guy and is nothing more than another Leitas/Hardy hype train.

jay98107 » Posted 1/24/07 6:50:00PM

Posted by DeadHead988

Posted by wgwolfordredux

My favorite is Jesus

For a guy with 666 posts, this is pretty ironic.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

Posted by jay98107

Posted by DeadHead988

Posted by wgwolfordredux

My favorite is Jesus

good eye

UFC 151: Never Forget

DeadHead988 » Posted 8/19/10 2:42:00PM

Posted by jay98107

Posted by DeadHead988

Posted by wgwolfordredux

My favorite is Jesus

That is the coolest coincidence ever!!! Props for that excellent catch!!

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

just enough time to get ready for another ass kicking from Uncle Chael

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

[View Full Version of this Page]