MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Nick Diaz Responds With a Video: 'I'm Sorry I Didn't Make It to the Beauty Pageant   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Manak » Posted 6/29/07 12:28:00PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by telnights

Same old Nick, not willing to do his part of things. I don't think for a second that he was on his way to catch a flight when he pretty much avoided his manager and the UFC till the press conference was over. Just sad that he is so unprofessional and cant see the problems that he has made for everyone around him. I'm wouldn't be shocked if the UFC let him go and I don't feel it would be a bad choice on their part if they did.

I would just hold him out as long as I contractually could. If you release him he will go fight in Japan or somewhere else and still be running his mouth. This way he either gets professional help or is punished as long as possible. Maybe even make him fight dominant wrestlers with good sub d on undercards of fight nights when times up if they have to. Then he leaves with a bunch of losses or finally has to admit he's not as good as he thinks. Maynards and Ben henderson are 155ers and I think they would beat Nick . A well past his prime , part time training Hughes probably could too. Johnny Hendricks, Brennemen, Story, etc. Either way he leaves beaten or with a an attitude adjustment.

to hold him out as long as possible is a bit extreme as you causing him to not make a living that way, dont mind him gettin wrestlers though

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

TV opportunities for Diaz should he be released:

Toddlers & Tiaras
Cops
Springer
Intervention
H.R. Pufnstuf

I think he's gonna be alright...

Dberntson » Posted 6/16/09 12:09:00PM

Unless he gets his act together he will likely become the MMA version of Mike Tyson, with out all the money earned and accomplishments. He had tons of promise and opportunities, but eventually will likely end up in and out of Jail, broke and then will continue to fight in the minor leagues.

Yes, I understand he has held titles, but not in a MMA league that the UFC has become today.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Toddlers & Tiaras
Cops
Springer
Intervention
H.R. Pufnstuf

Big Brother

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by cowcatcher

Toddlers & Tiaras
Cops
Springer
Intervention
H.R. Pufnstuf

Big Brother

celebrity rehab

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Toddlers & Tiaras
Cops
Springer
Intervention
H.R. Pufnstuf

I was thinking the new show on VH1 called "A Ton of Cash"

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Posted by Cooler

Disclaimer: Not showing up is very unprofessional and foolish, however, is this really a good reason to pull the fight? cmon what a waste money to put it into advertising it then pull the plug after one or two no shows but honestly I think the decision was made after Diaz missed the first one, Dana already had a ready made trailer for Condit vs GSP ready and it was too perfect. And to play devils advocate to Dana here Diaz did say that he was going to make it to the second one on his video response but at this point its speculation for both sides. Furthermore, there is no way Dana is cutting Diaz after just signing him and giving him an immediate title shot (personal feelings aside) but I feel that Dana was playing hawk on Diaz waiting for him to screw up because quite honestly I dont think he wants Diaz to be champ, he doesnt want to deal with guys like Diaz, their personalities are similar but just different enough to clash.

I don't even know where to start.

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Toddlers & Tiaras
Cops
Springer
Intervention
H.R. Pufnstuf

No he's gotta go to Jersey and choke out all those reality show idiots.

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by cowcatcher

Toddlers & Tiaras
Cops
Springer
Intervention
H.R. Pufnstuf

word to that

Manak » Posted 6/29/07 12:28:00PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by cowcatcher

Toddlers & Tiaras
Cops
Springer
Intervention
H.R. Pufnstuf

word to that

He would totally redeem himself if he choked out everyone on jersey shore

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

I understand being a fan of Nick, bc I am one. I understand sympathy for anxiety issues, bc I have some.

Someone said it best, sorry for not quoting, but this is his JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JOB!!!!!!

If your boss puts you on a major project & you don't even show up for the 1st couple of meetings, is the boss supposed to just assume you're going to take care of it the sooner the deadline comes, or find someone else that wants the JOB & is willing to do his part to make sure the final product is as good as possible?

Like nick all you want, but I just don't see how anyone can defend him on this issue.

UFC 151: Never Forget

placente » Posted 6/15/07 8:41:00PM

dont ever change nick, you son of a bitch you!!!!!

bad boy!!!!!

I brought up that fact that I think Diaz may be bi-polar but the thread got removed for an unknown reason. It's a serious disorder because lots of people don't know they have it. My aunt didn't know she had it until she was pulled over going the wrong way on the freeway. This may not be the case but it may actually be. It would explain Diaz's behavior to some degree

zmazing17 » Posted 4/16/07 1:56:00PM

I have actually been a Nick Diaz fan for quite some time.......However, I totally disagree with they way he handled this situation. "Beauty pagent" or not it was an obligation that Dana expects you to be at.....Your fault Nick!!!

DevonFoxy » Posted 6/27/07 1:57:00PM

Dont be scared homie!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

[View Full Version of this Page]