MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Nick Diaz Responds With a Video: 'I'm Sorry I Didn't Make It to the Beauty Pageant   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

i dont feel bad for him one bit having fans pay up the ass this morning for tickets to watch u fight for the belt just to let them down i may not root for him again

Cooler » Posted 6/7/10 4:11:00PM

Disclaimer: Not showing up is very unprofessional and foolish, however, is this really a good reason to pull the fight? cmon what a waste money to put it into advertising it then pull the plug after one or two no shows but honestly I think the decision was made after Diaz missed the first one, Dana already had a ready made trailer for Condit vs GSP ready and it was too perfect. And to play devils advocate to Dana here Diaz did say that he was going to make it to the second one on his video response but at this point its speculation for both sides. Furthermore, there is no way Dana is cutting Diaz after just signing him and giving him an immediate title shot (personal feelings aside) but I feel that Dana was playing hawk on Diaz waiting for him to screw up because quite honestly I dont think he wants Diaz to be champ, he doesnt want to deal with guys like Diaz, their personalities are similar but just different enough to clash.

telnights » Posted 6/21/07 4:17:00PM

Same old Nick, not willing to do his part of things. I don't think for a second that he was on his way to catch a flight when he pretty much avoided his manager and the UFC till the press conference was over. Just sad that he is so unprofessional and cant see the problems that he has made for everyone around him. I'm wouldn't be shocked if the UFC let him go and I don't feel it would be a bad choice on their part if they did.

Manak » Posted 6/29/07 12:28:00PM

Posted by Cooler

Disclaimer: Not showing up is very unprofessional and foolish, however, is this really a good reason to pull the fight? cmon what a waste money to put it into advertising it then pull the plug after one or two no shows but honestly I think the decision was made after Diaz missed the first one, Dana already had a ready made trailer for Condit vs GSP ready and it was too perfect. And to play devils advocate to Dana here Diaz did say that he was going to make it to the second one on his video response but at this point its speculation for both sides. Furthermore, there is no way Dana is cutting Diaz after just signing him and giving him an immediate title shot (personal feelings aside) but I feel that Dana was playing hawk on Diaz waiting for him to screw up because quite honestly I dont think he wants Diaz to be champ, he doesnt want to deal with guys like Diaz, their personalities are similar but just different enough to clash.

thinks bout compaines when u start working for them and they spend all that money training you then u no call no show... pretty much same situation, u cut ur loses. One thing that I think UFC gets right is putting the company 1st like most business companies. boxing is dying for not being able to control fighters and alot of other stuff too but still, Personally I think Diaz never stood a chance and it would have have looked identically to GSP/Penn 2. Plus all fighters go through this so what is to stop others from doing "im sorry i didnt make it ti the beauty pageant" so they can do wutever it is that when THE BOSS said otherwise. GSP deals with alot more press related things then nick, yet he seems to be able to function. in any sport, athletes deal with the media n thats how they keep get those huge paychecks. Look at the NFL a week before the freakin super bowl there is a media frenzy n every player goes through it.

Edit: also as said in other threads, his long time trainer even said he deserves what he gets

CanadianCripplr » Posted 5/26/07 7:05:00PM

It confirms what I always thought....the brothers share a brain. Shame tho, I was going to enjoy the beating he was going to take.

Cooler » Posted 6/7/10 4:11:00PM

Posted by Manak

thinks bout compaines when u start working for them and they spend all that money training you then u no call no show... pretty much same situation, u cut ur loses. One thing that I think UFC gets right is putting the company 1st like most business companies. boxing is dying for not being able to control fighters and alot of other stuff too but still, Personally I think Diaz never stood a chance and it would have have looked identically to GSP/Penn 2. Plus all fighters go through this so what is to stop others from doing "im sorry i didnt make it ti the beauty pageant" so they can do wutever it is that when THE BOSS said otherwise. GSP deals with alot more press related things then nick, yet he seems to be able to function. in any sport, athletes deal with the media n thats how they keep get those huge paychecks. Look at the NFL a week before the freakin super bowl there is a media frenzy n every player goes through it.

Edit: also as said in other threads, his long time trainer even said he deserves what he gets

Right but does this really constitute a cancellation? I mean how good of a job would Nick do promoting anyway... its like asking Nick to be a salesmen, its not gonna be pretty and everyone will wish they didnt ask. I think its short of ridiculous to cancel a fight because the guy didnt show up for PR even though like i said it is unprofessional... but this is the fight game and Nick is the kind of guy that does his talking in the fight, if anything dana shouldve used this to his advantage to turn diaz into the bad guy leading into the fight "well its just nick diaz being nick diaz" and look Cro Cop didnt show up press conferences and Dana barely shed a tear... And honestly I dont think Dana or anyone else there wanted to ask him simple questions that got uncomfortable responses or a rollar coaster of emotions.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by Cooler

why should he be rewarded for his actions. I would have pulled him quick as sh*t

Adrenaline » Posted 4/4/09 2:45:00AM

Posted by placente

i didnt know dana had that power to pull off fights just like that.

Thats called lack of communication and abusive power gentleman.

GTFO

Posted by Cooler

Right but does this really constitute a cancellation? I mean how good of a job would Nick do promoting anyway... its like asking Nick to be a salesmen, its not gonna be pretty and everyone will wish they didnt ask. I think its short of ridiculous to cancel a fight because the guy didnt show up for PR even though like i said it is unprofessional... but this is the fight game and Nick is the kind of guy that does his talking in the fight, if anything dana shouldve used this to his advantage to turn diaz into the bad guy leading into the fight "well its just nick diaz being nick diaz" and look Cro Cop didnt show up press conferences and Dana barely shed a tear... And honestly I dont think Dana or anyone else there wanted to ask him simple questions that got uncomfortable responses or a rollar coaster of emotions.

The bottom line is how do you trust a guy who no shows two press conferences and ignores everyone to show up for the actual fight itself? You could argue that Diaz has never backed out of a a fight but the UFC is not dealing with small amounts of money here. They have shelled out thousands of dollars just trying to get the kid on a plane, let alone the thousands they have spent promoting the fight, printing ads, tickets, etc... If they let this slide and kept Nick on the card and he pulled this social anxiety crap on the day of the fight the UFC would lose six + figures if not into the millions on lost PPV buys, refunded tickets, promotion etc..

Would you being willing to bet a million dollars on a guy that could not be bothered to answer his phone or attend two simple press conferences??

Sir_Karl » Posted 9/7/07 9:27:00PM

I wish people would get off Nick's case. People only know what the media spews. They don't know any of the real facts.

NE-1 » Posted 4/26/07 10:47:00AM

Posted by Cooler

It's a title shot, against one of the UFC's most prized fighters. This isn't cro cop vs eddie sanchez.

The bottom line is that if you violate contractual obligations you get pulled. That's standard practice in any business. Dana is just supposed to bend over and say "it's Diaz being Diaz"? I think not.

I do agree with you on your point of who wants to hear Diaz ramble without direction. ADD

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by Sir_Karl

I wish people would get off Nick's case. People only know what the media spews. They don't know any of the real facts.

Who am I supposed to trust at this point? A guy who has no-showed multiple times, or the president of an organization who has been nothing but forthright during his tenure? Dana is a straight shooter, Diaz, not so much.

When you're in the real world and you're going to miss work, disclose any kind of information pertaining to the situation with your boss. If you don't do that, don't expect to be welcomed back to work the next day. It's that simple.

tallica62 » Posted 6/22/07 2:18:00AM

Cesar's comment about a possible social anxiety disorder makes a lot of sense to me...if not that, then hes clinically insane

baylee » Posted 7/9/09 6:43:00PM

I love watching Diaz fight but he's not worth all the aggravation in between. Cut him and let him get started on his boxing career.

hippysmacker » Posted 1/15/07 9:10:00PM

Posted by telnights

Same old Nick, not willing to do his part of things. I don't think for a second that he was on his way to catch a flight when he pretty much avoided his manager and the UFC till the press conference was over. Just sad that he is so unprofessional and cant see the problems that he has made for everyone around him. I'm wouldn't be shocked if the UFC let him go and I don't feel it would be a bad choice on their part if they did.

I would just hold him out as long as I contractually could. If you release him he will go fight in Japan or somewhere else and still be running his mouth. This way he either gets professional help or is punished as long as possible. Maybe even make him fight dominant wrestlers with good sub d on undercards of fight nights when times up if they have to. Then he leaves with a bunch of losses or finally has to admit he's not as good as he thinks. Maynards and Ben henderson are 155ers and I think they would beat Nick . A well past his prime , part time training Hughes probably could too. Johnny Hendricks, Brennemen, Story, etc. Either way he leaves beaten or with a an attitude adjustment.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Dude needs to get off his high horse. I dont know why he thinks its a beauty pageant. He can go through life now fighting bums and claiming hes the best, when we all know hes a scared, whinny b*tch.

You need to read the rules regarding fighter bashing, bro. I've already deleted one post of yours.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

[View Full Version of this Page]