MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
"Shocked" St-Pierre believes Condit presents bigger challenge than Diaz at UFC 137   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Count UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre (22-2 MMA, 16-2 UFC) among those shocked by Nick Diaz's press conference no-shows.

"I don't understand how someone can not show up to an opportunity like this," St-Pierre said during a Wednesday press conference at Las Vegas' Mandalay Bay Events Center. "I just can't believe it. It's amazing. I don't know what to say. It's crazy."

But now that the former Strikeforce champ has been yanked from a planned UFC 137 title shot, St-Pierre said he believes new opponent Carlos Condit (27-5 MMA, 4-1 UFC) now presents a stiffer test.

LINK

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

I think GSP v Condit is gonna be just as good a fight for us fans. Sure I wanna see GSP v Diaz but if Nick doesn't wanna show up, I'm fine with Condit taking his place. Condit is a gamer.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Posted by prophecy033

I think GSP v Condit is gonna be just as good a fight for us fans. Sure I wanna see GSP v Diaz but if Nick doesn't wanna show up, I'm fine with Condit taking his place. Condit is a gamer.

I think this makes for a better main event but I'm a big fan of Condit and a big hater of Diaz. I know Condit is probably the most deserving right now but I really wanted to see the Penn fight. Hopefully we'll get to see it sooner rather than later.

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

I just hope this doesn't mess with GSp's game plan.
He was ready for Diaz and now he's getting Condit.
I'm sure the champ will be game,but these types of things can mess with a fighter.
To a degree i'm upset with Diaz but on the other side of the coin i'm laughing about it as well. So bizarre it's down right halarious.

The UFC is gonna go broke paying all these guys extra for short notice fights. If we were counting how many in the last month alone, we would all be tired of counting

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

GSP claims that every opponent is his most dangerous.

He's a great company man.

This is simply him hyping the fight. Nothing wrong with that but I totally disagree with him and I think he probably doesn't believe what he's saying either.

sbulldavid » Posted 3/8/08 5:44:00PM

Condit is a more dangerous threat to GSP IMO. He's a better fighter overall and he has knockout power, I'm not crazy but it's not a stretch to say Condit could win this fight. He also has inside knowledge who knows.

Manak » Posted 6/29/07 12:28:00PM

Posted by sbulldavid

Condit is a more dangerous threat to GSP IMO. He's a better fighter overall and he has knockout power, I'm not crazy but it's not a stretch to say Condit could win this fight. He also has inside knowledge who knows.

yea Diaz is not a power punch to finish GSP n I dont see GSP getting subbed, much rather see condit than nick

placente » Posted 6/15/07 8:41:00PM

GSP is not impressed with Nick Diaz's performance

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

I will not give condit much of a chance to beat GSP, but i will give him more than the chance that i gave diaz

flame if you want, but the most nick diaz would've brought to the gsp fight was the hype he would have created.

I like Nick a lot, but don't see any way he would beat GSP unless GSP beat himself.

Adrenaline » Posted 4/4/09 2:45:00AM

Posted by mrsmiley

I just hope this doesn't mess with GSp's game plan.

I think GSP has the "jab, jab, takedown" game plan down by now ;)

I kid, I kid. GSP is a stud.

When I first heard the news, I immediately felt bad for BJ the most because that was going to be a great fight and now he is left twiddling his thumbs. I also felt bad for the Diaz fans out there, they got the short end of the stick on this deal. I didn't really think about George because he is a machine but this does affect him too, I'm sure he will be able to fine tune his game plan in time though.

The silver lining for me is that Condit is getting a crack at the belt. I'm not a huge NBK fan, although I'm getting there. I never thought he got enough respect being the last WEC WW champ as far as getting instant contendership like others have. I just don't think they could have given the opportunity to a better guy at 170. He is a good dude, a great fighter, and puts on exciting fights. I think this worked out well for him because I had BJ winning if the fight ended up happening and although I am a massive BJ fan, it would have been bitter sweet seeing Condit getting derailed after stringing together some quality wins. I'm sure they will meet up later so its all good.

kingsmasher » Posted 3/10/11 4:01:00PM

Nick Diaz and Condit would have prolly been a draw...Either are great wwrestlers...Or that good at TDD...I wonder what Carlos was training on for BJ?

I got GSP by the same fight take him down and smother Carlos....Carlos is good but hes not better than Fitcha t matching up with GSP...I think Condit will eat alot of jabs and end up like Koscheck...

Hendo67 » Posted 11/18/08 1:59:00PM

Man i'm jacked for this fight, i really hope Condit can catch GSP...

Posted by kingsmasher

Nick Diaz and Condit would have prolly been a draw...Either are great wwrestlers...Or that good at TDD...I wonder what Carlos was training on for BJ?

I got GSP by the same fight take him down and smother Carlos....Carlos is good but hes not better than Fitcha t matching up with GSP...I think Condit will eat alot of jabs and end up like Koscheck...

Diaz is a BJJ guy

Omega_8 » Posted 8/27/09 12:47:00PM

St. Pierre thinks Condit is a bigger challenge? If the French-Canadian is looking for a big challenge, he should consider tacking on 15 pounds.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]