MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Frank Mir vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira II slotted for UFC 140 in Toronto   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Two big men and former champions are headed to Toronto for a long-awaited rematch.

UFC officials today announced that verbal agreements are in place for a heavyweight fight between Frank Mir (15-5 MMA, 13-5 UFC) and fellow ex-champ Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (33-6-1 MMA, 4-2 UFC).

The fight takes place at December's UFC 140 event.

LINK

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Big announcements going on today!

I've gotta go with Mir by UD.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Eh, can't say I'm all that excited for the rematch.

Mir TKO.

DrivenDavies15 » Posted 8/10/11 1:23:00AM

I'm kinda excited for this match, as long as we don't see the same Mir we've seen in the last 2 fights ill be happy to see him win this by TKO

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

I hope this is a war on the feet and the ground. I wanna see what both these guys have left to the fullest

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

hashyandy4 » Posted 3/31/11 10:49:00PM

Posted by Budgellism

Big announcements going on today!

I've gotta go with Mir by UD.

Same here Budge, Mir by UD

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Didn't really want this rematch.

I think Big Nog gets it taken too him again, Nog was getting tagged pretty good by Schaub.

Mur TKO.

Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

Sick fight

WAR NOG!!

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

dont be suprised if this is the main event

Manak » Posted 6/29/07 12:28:00PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Didn't really want this rematch.

I think Big Nog gets it taken too him again, Nog was getting tagged pretty good by Schaub.

Mur TKO.

dont see it going any way different than the 1st fight

Mir TKO

kingsmasher » Posted 3/10/11 4:01:00PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

dont be suprised if this is the main event

i WAS THINKING THE UNDERCARD...LOL SERIOUSLY WAS HOPING BUT I KNOW IT WONT BE..MUST BE A FREEBIE ON FOX

MaxOne » Posted 7/26/07 3:12:00PM

I don't understand why they would book this fight for Toronto if a Japan card is coming up. I mean... I guess if Nog were to win they could still have him fight in Japan but they should save his start power for the Japan card.

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

I hope Nog tries to engage in a ground war because I feel that's where his best shot lies at taking out Mir.
In the first fight it looked like Frank did everything possible not to go to the ground and I think that shows the respect he has for Nogueira's ground game.
I'm probably gonna go with Mir on this but rooting for Nog all the way.

Hendo67 » Posted 11/18/08 1:59:00PM

I'll be rooting for Nog, but i think Mir takes him out in similar fashion, unfortunately.

Afflicted » Posted 8/17/08 4:21:00PM

What is the point of this rematch, I mean seriously why would mir even want to rematch Nog. He beat him convincingly the first time, I just don't get it. I want to see new fights not rematches of fights that weren't close or controversial. They should have done Overeem vs mir, and Big nog vs Brock.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]