MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Fedor vs Monson
Forum Opinion Poll
Fedor 36 78%
Monson 10 22%

Jeff Monson Announces He Is Facing Fedor Emelianenko at M-1 Global Nov 12 in Russia   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2]
icantthinkofanything » Posted 1/16/09 11:38:00PM

if Fedor loses to Jeff, I will laugh out loud, no offense but I think Monson is overated fighter because the hw division has no middle tier.

kingsmasher » Posted 3/10/11 4:01:00PM

Posted by tn_rebel

I like this fight it shoould get Fedor back on the right track.

Should be smooth sailing for Fedor in his home country where getting insurance for being kidnapped is the norm...

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by ianinspain

His management are having to do some serious organising to try and get Fedors credibility back eh! This should be a guft wrapped 'W' with a bow on the top!

There is no guarantee Fedor takes this fight, although my conclusion has him winning

Hendo67 » Posted 11/18/08 1:59:00PM

Like the matchup, Monson is relevant enough to not make the anti-Fedor fans say he's a can.

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

I'm going to say that Monson has a pretty good shot at taking this fight. I'd probably say the same a few years ago. He's always been a solid heavyweight and game enough for anyone on the ground. I love watching anyone pull off north-south chokes, let alone a heavyweight.

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

Posted by Hendo67

Like the matchup, Monson is relevant enough to not make the anti-Fedor fans say he's a can.

Not a chance. Anyone that fights him(and loses) gets instant can status from the haters.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Hendo67

Not a chance. Anyone that fights him(and loses) gets instant can status from the haters.

Folks can say what they want about Monson, & he may be on the back end of his career, but he will never have can-status w/ me

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

Me either man, I'm just sayin haters gonna hate...

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Dude did give Kharitonov his last loss.

Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

A bit of a yawner, but really there weren't many other choices outside of Strikeforce and the UFC. Shoud be a relatively easy bout for Fedor..his takedown defense is just too much for Jeff to overcome, and the disparity in standup is huge. Early first rd KO.

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

I don't like it. This fight doesn't prove that Fedor is still relevant and if he loses its a dark smudge on a record that people are already (unfairly) trying to soil.

Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

This match-up would have made more sense BEFORE the Henderson fight but still a decent bout to get Fedor back on track.

ghandikush » Posted 7/12/11 3:30:00PM

If monson would actually train like he used to he would win via lnp

Cooler » Posted 6/7/10 4:11:00PM

Posted by ianinspain

His management are having to do some serious organising to try and get Fedors credibility back eh! This should be a guft wrapped 'W' with a bow on the top!

i thought you just said you dont care about fedor

Pages: 1 [2]

[View Full Version of this Page]