MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Shinya Aoki vs. Eddie Alvarez Verbally Agreed For Bellator Bout   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2 3
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

A few months after his DREAM.17 bout this September, Shinya Aoki, who has moved his training camp out of Japan and into the Evolve MMA gym in Singapore, is likely to fight outside of Asia once again. Bellator lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez has been asking for a rematch against Aoki for quite some time now, and it looks like he's finally going to get his request.

The two met on Japan's New Year's Eve show almost three years ago, with Aoki only needing a minute and 32 seconds to lock in a submission.

LINK

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Alvarez by tko

or

Aoki by sub

the choice is yours

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

If this does in fact go down, I don't know who I would go with. Probably Aoki again for the simple fact that his bjj is off the chain. He already caught Eddie once, although it was pretty early in the fight. I'm just glad that being from different promotions hasn't stopped some of these organizations from seeking the best possible matches. It's a win/win for us fans . Can I get an AMEN to that

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

DrivenDavies15 » Posted 8/10/11 1:23:00AM

Posted by prophecy033

If this does in fact go down, I don't know who I would go with. Probably Aoki again for the simple fact that his bjj is off the chain. He already caught Eddie once, although it was pretty early in the fight. I'm just glad that being from different promotions hasn't stopped some of these organizations from seeking the best possible matches. It's a win/win for us fans . Can I get an AMEN to that

AMEN lol, I think Aoki would take this by submission again as well.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Eddie won't make the same mistake twice. Alvarez by dominating UD.

hashyandy4 » Posted 3/31/11 10:49:00PM

Posted by Budgellism

Totally agree Budge, i see eddie getting a dominating UD

calitrees » Posted 4/4/09 4:41:00PM

Alvarez by tko. But i agree with prophecy no one will be complaining abou this match. Glad to see bellator not restricting their fighters.

machodog76 » Posted 6/26/07 10:37:00PM

Posted by DrivenDavies15

Posted by prophecy033

AMEN lol, I think Aoki would take this by submission again as well.

Amen! I say UD for Alverez as well.

Playground_Samurai » Posted 1/28/07 4:36:00PM

Alvarez by UD.

Melendez showed the perfect formula for defeating Aoki, and I believe Eddie can replicate or even top that.

KungFuMaster » Posted 5/17/11 11:13:00PM

If Alvarez can box and stay on his feet, it should be an easy win for him IMO.

Aoki needs to evolve if he wants to become one of the bests. He really needs to work on his stand up and conventional western wrestling.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

Posted by Budgellism

nailed it

UFC 151: Never Forget

quezocrema0032 » Posted 7/15/07 12:46:00AM

Posted by calitrees

Alvarez by tko. But i agree with prophecy no one will be complaining abou this match. Glad to see bellator not restricting their fighters.

Or protecting their champions.

DeadHead988 » Posted 8/19/10 2:42:00PM

I think Alvarez will take this, but I'm pulling hard for Shinya. WAR AOKI!!!

tepid55 » Posted 2/4/07 2:11:00PM

I would probably pick Aoki again, his BJJ is just too good.

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

I think Alvarez wins via UD. But I would like to see these guys in the UFC soon, mixing it up with the top competition.

Pages: [1] 2 3

[View Full Version of this Page]