MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Chael Sonnen Responds to Lyoto Machida and Jose Aldo's Criticisms   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Ask people about Chael Sonnen's mic work, and you're bound to receive a list of polarizing adjectives in return: funny, racist, xenophobic, mean, unprofessional, over-the-top, entertaining, rude, rambling, and so on. I prefer irreverent. I like irreverent. I also like absurd, and it's amusing to me that people take Sonnen's words to heart considering how weird and absurd and audacious he tends to be.

Brazil's Terra Esportes spoke with Lyoto Machida and Jose Aldo about Sonnen's proclivity for promo (translation by Tom Mendes):

"Everyone has their own way of hyping a fight," says Machida. "My way is inside the Octagon. It's my fight. The media gives a lot of opportunity in the virtue of MMA growth in the world and he takes advantage of that, he knows how to market and sell himself well."

LINK

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

In before Chael_Sonnen...

"flipper babies in Chernobyl" ??? I'm not sure what that means, but if it means what i think it means he's plumbing new depths.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Gotta give it to chael, he knows how to ruffle some feathers and in turn, market the fight. But until he learns how to defend a submission, he should probably keep his pie hole closed

Cooler » Posted 6/7/10 4:11:00PM

Responding with more nonsense to people giving out real talk? Gotta love those "special" tea baggers.

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Posted by Cooler

Responding with more nonsense to people giving out real talk? Gotta love those "special" tea baggers.

"Any fighter I've granted a private audience with has been to allow them to kiss my ring, like I'm the POPE." - Comedic gold

Chael cornering Yushin alone is worth the price of 2 ppv's

TeamDEY » Posted 2/1/11 3:41:00PM

Posted by prophecy033

Gotta give it to chael, he knows how to ruffle some feathers and in turn, market the fight. But until he learns how to defend a submission, he should probably keep his pie hole closed

Trash talking his one thing but when he constantly talks **** about legends he doesn't even fight... its rediculous.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

I love it.

Chael Sonnen - butthurtin' MMA fans since '97.

DeadHead988 » Posted 8/19/10 2:42:00PM

Posted by emfleek

I love it.

this

ncordless » Posted 4/8/07 11:09:00PM

Jose Aldo should sneak up behind Chael and give him the ole' Nancy Kerrigan with leg kick.

Posted by emfleek

I love it.

I'm still amazed that so many people get offended at what he says.....they just don't get it.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by emfleek

I love it.

I'm still amazed that so many people get offended at what he says.....they just don't get it.

I'm just curious how everything will go down in Brazil. Those Brazilians don't have much of a sense of humor.

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by emfleek

I love it.

I'm just curious how everything will go down in Brazil. Those Brazilians don't have much of a sense of humor.

No kidding, we gave them the internet, maybe we can give them some of our sense of humor ...I hope security is beefed up.

Sir_Karl » Posted 9/7/07 9:27:00PM

Posted by scoozna

In before Chael_Sonnen...

"flipper babies in Chernobyl" ??? I'm not sure what that means, but if it means what i think it means he's plumbing new depths.

When he says "flipper babies" he is referring to the children born with deformities due to the radiation emitted from the Chernobyl nuclear accident.

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

Posted by FastKnockout

This. It's going to be a really interesting couple of days for Chael down there. I really hope he keeps a vlog or blog while he's there, but he doesn't seem the type. I'm sure there will be some great stories afterwards nonetheless.

RustyRedWood206 » Posted 12/26/10 7:23:00PM

SONNEN FTW!!!!!!!

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]