MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Who takes it?
Forum Opinion Poll
Fabio Maldonado 10 67%
Aaron Rosa 5 33%

Fabio Maldonado vs. Aaron Rosa slated for UFC on Versus 6 prelims   [View Full Version]
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

A pair of light heavyweights looking to return to the win column collide in October with Fabio Maldonado taking on Aaron Rosa.

UFC officials today announced the contest, which takes place at UFC on Versus 6.

"Two exciting light-heavyweight sluggers have verbally agreed to throw down Oct. 1 in Washington, D.C., as Aaron Rosa takes on Fabio Maldonado," UFC president Dana White stated.

LINK

Fabio by TKO in the late first or early second.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

I'm assuming you meant to post this in the News forum?

jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

Ha Casually in the game talk section

Dirty Blue

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

Rosa by TKO

Posted by emfleek

I'm assuming you meant to post this in the News forum?

Yeah, sorry about that. I'm out of it today.

DeadHead988 » Posted 8/19/10 2:42:00PM

Easy win for Maldonado

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Rosa looked pretty chubby last time out at HW and now he's coming back to LHW? Will he be able too?

Looking forward to seeing Fabio fight again though.

isk » Posted 12/5/07 12:38:00PM

First time I saw Maldonado was in his last fight, vs Kingsbury, and I was extremely impressed. Don't get me wrong, I see big holes in Maldonado's game when it comes to early aggression and overall takedown defense, but he's a gamer. Solid boxing, fantastic chin, decent cardio (could be better) and an amiable attitude.

Personally I felt like Kingsbury was fighting to not lose, and that hypothetically as a judge I really wanted to have given the fight to Maldonado but would've likely awarded it to Kingsbury based on the unified rules, but that's just me.

Anyhow, should be a great fight. Rosa went up a tougher, better conditioned guy last time in Joey Beltran. The questions in this fight to me are -

-How will the weight cut affect Rosa? Will his cardio be improved or is he a natural endomorph who performs better with some water weight?

-Who has the better chin? It's hard to say. Maldonado's looked nearly invulnerable to head shots, while Rosa stood for a long long time against a heavyweight in Beltran.

Great matchmaking, looking forward to it.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Maldonadpo by tko in the 2nd. I was surprised Kings bury could take that punishment. A flabby Rosa won'tbe aable to.

ncordless » Posted 4/8/07 11:09:00PM

I like Maldonado, and thought he won the fight against Kingsbury. I wonder if Joe Silva is hinting that he needs to make the cut to MW, because this is the second huge LHW he will have faced in a row.

quezocrema0032 » Posted 7/15/07 12:46:00AM

If you told me one of these two was drooping a weightless I wouldnt have thought it was Rosa.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

I thought rosa weighed liked 250 at the weigh in for ufc 131??
That's a hell of a cut!!

[View Full Version of this Page]