MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Dan Hardy   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2]
ghandikush » Posted 7/12/11 3:30:00PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by ghandikush

No, he complained about noone standing with him like morons. Then one did and smashed him and he went for the takedown using tactics he was just talking smack about.

I'm not deaf or illiterate. I know exactly what he said. I'm saying none of that matters once the cage door closes. Once the fight starts, you're in there to win no matter what or how you go about it. Especially when you're desperate for a win.

And you're right, but it doesnt make it wrong to say he acted like a little punk trying to steal a round with a takedown or finish that way after complaining everyone does that to him.

He acts like everyone should be afraid of his nill standup. He hasnt gotten a single knockout in the UFC if I remember right and has been knocked out....

I'm glad indy took him on fearlessly in the standup and showed what he was made of.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by emfleek

Posted by ghandikush

No, he complained about noone standing with him like morons. Then one did and smashed him and he went for the takedown using tactics he was just talking smack about.

I'm not deaf or illiterate. I know exactly what he said. I'm saying none of that matters once the cage door closes. Once the fight starts, you're in there to win no matter what or how you go about it. Especially when you're desperate for a win.

And you're right, but it doesnt make it wrong to say he acted like a little punk trying to steal a round with a takedown or finish that way after complaining everyone does that to him.

He acts like everyone should be afraid of his nill standup. He hasnt gotten a single knockout in the UFC if I remember right and has been knocked out....

I'm glad indy took him on fearlessly in the standup and showed what he was made of.

If I remember right he knockedout Rory Markham

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Posted by ghandikush

No, it doesn't make it wrong to say that but it's still no different than what Anthony Johnson did, imo.

He knocked Markham's block off.

He certainly did, but he was also wobbled 3 or 4 times during the fight. That's enough for the trolls of MMAPlayground to accuse him of having a weak chin.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Hey props for Hardy for not taking any easy fights. GSP to Condit to Rumble to Lytle.

Might get an easier fight for his next one though, after he takes some time off.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

4 in a row is too much. I like hardy but he needs to get focused

Posted by prozacnation1978

4 in a row is too much. I like hardy but he needs to get focused

Totally agree. I'm hoping he gets permission to take a bit of time off to re-focus, train his wrestling (at least TD defense) and maybe a fight or two outside the UFC.

KungFuMaster » Posted 5/17/11 11:13:00PM

Does anybody find it strange Hardy never pulled the trigger? He never attempted to land a knock out shot. He kept his kicks to a minimum. Furthermore, it is rather strange the ufc is willing to award a Harley for the winner of a match which is Lytle's retirement fight. And lastly, Lytle receives the FOTN and the SOTN.

Kind of raises my eyebrows...

Posted by KungFuMaster

Does anybody find it strange Hardy never pulled the trigger? He never attempted to land a knock out shot. He kept his kicks to a minimum. Furthermore, it is rather strange the ufc is willing to award a Harley for the winner of a match which is Lytle's retirement fight. And lastly, Lytle receives the FOTN and the SOTN.

Let's just leave it at that, too. Read over the site rules for an explanation.

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

One thing why Hardy will keep getting chances is because he is a Brit, like it or not. Loreznzo and Dana both know he is huge for the British audiences. Is it fair no, because we seen people get cut for way less.

Will we see Hardy on a main card again? It's highly unlikely unless his next fight is in England.

At the end of the day, was it a b!tch move by Hardy, probably, but he didn't win and was subbed for his efforts.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by FastKnockout

That was a b**** move Hardy tried to pull with those takedowns. It's something that would make me not like a fighter. Don't whine about guys not standing with you then shoot for takedowns after the guys promises to stand and bang. Glad Lytle made that last takedown attempt bite him in the ass.

Sorry, but I don't see that as being any different than guys saying they're going to stand and bang with him (Rumble) and then proceed to dry hump him for 15 minutes.

The bottom line is if you can execute a takedown, do it. If you can defend the takedown, do it. Your opponent's word means squat when you're fighting for your paycheck and, ultimately, your job. You do what you have to do to win. These guys are professionals...they know that. We, as fans, should know better.

Yeah, I guess you're right.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

it would only be strange had zuffa gave word of Lytle winning the Harley AFTER the fight. Both fighters could of won it. And the FOTN was a given, SOTN IMO was awarded to him to show the ufc appreciated what he did for them through the years. There might not be all these conspiracy theories had they awarded more then one SOTN

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

Posted by emfleek

Screw wins and losses. Hardy's fights, imo, are exciting...that's all that matters as far as I'm concerned.

Not to mention the draw he has with the fans across the pond...

I've never been a huge Hardy fan, and I rarely defend a persons job who is 0-4 in the UFC. And even more rarely do I defend someone just because of drawing power. But he does put on a show, win, lose or draw.

Look at Clay Guida and Melvin Guillard. I am sure there are times in both of their UFC careers where they could have been cut. They were both on gatekeeper status, at best, at times. Now they have both turned it around, gotten with a great camp, and are both on win streaks, and "in the mix". Give Hardy one last chance, I say.

KFM, as far as your concerns... I feel where you are coming from. I didn't see that last night. I think Hardy was hesitant to go in for the kill because while Hardy did land those big, staggering blows, Lytle was blasting him all night. Inside, outside, body, head, he was throwing in kicks low and to the body... He probably didn't want a Kongo-Barry situation, which could have happened had Dan rushed in. I would be surprised if he wasn't scared of getting KO'ed last night, because Lytle beat his ass really, really bad.

cagerage920 » Posted 12/2/10 5:25:00PM

Posted by FastKnockout

That was a b**** move Hardy tried to pull with those takedowns. It's something that would make me not like a fighter. Don't whine about guys not standing with you then shoot for takedowns after the guys promises to stand and bang. Glad Lytle made that last takedown attempt bite him in the ass.

i havnt heard everything that was said leading up to the fight but what i did hear didnt sound like he dislikes the ground game.

He did say he doesnt want to be held down an entire fight. There is a difference. he wanted someone that will try to fight and finish not just win. that is what he has always done and that is what lytle has always done.

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

Didn't care how that fight ended on Sunday. Hardy is still my favorite fighter. I love his attitude and style. He took some bombs in that fight. I think there was a few times he had Lytle as well and he should have went for it more. I hope they dont cut him, but if they do he will bounce back. I think the UFC gives him one more shot because of his fan base, fighting style, and because he brings it everytime. Dana may toss him a lower tier guy so he can get back into it. Dana loves Hardy and doesnt want to have to cut him.

Pages: 1 [2]

[View Full Version of this Page]