MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Henderson vs Miller   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2]
ChrisSabal » Posted 6/27/10 4:12:00AM

just like others I was rooting for Miller to get a win but Henderson layeth the smackethdown on Miller. I believe it was a 1 sided beat down as well. In the words of Stacey King. Ben Henderson was too big, too fast, too strong and too good for Jim Miller.

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

I watched at a bari with no sound and rounds 2 &3 ben smashes jim

kingsmasher » Posted 3/10/11 4:01:00PM

That arm triangle was a stupid waste of energy if you ask me...I doubt Miller really trained or even watched any tape on Henderson or he woulda known that was a waste of time...

ghandikush » Posted 7/12/11 3:30:00PM

Henderson didnt dominate in the sense that the whole time he was an adjustment away from a tap. But yes, he had an illusion of control the entire fight.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by kingsmasher

That arm triangle was a stupid waste of energy if you ask me...I doubt Miller really trained or even watched any tape on Henderson or he woulda known that was a waste of time...

I wonder if you go against the grain because you truly feel that way or because you want to cause a stir. It's ok to have a different view, but with every thread I see you on, its the same thing.

MMA-San » Posted 4/17/09 10:47:00PM

In all reality Miller may have had the stand up edge, he dropped Benson in the 3rd and everytime it was stood up it seemed decently even. Also Miller had alot of really close submissions...still he lost all 3 rounds convincingly. It wasn't a one sided beat down...but Miller will never beat Henderson outside of a flash KO.

Benson's wrestling is better, his submissions are better, his defense is better, hes quicker, hes stronger, hes smarter, and in 6 months his striking will be better if it isn't already.

Miller needs to drop down to 145. He lost to Edgar, Maynard, and now Benson...there is no future there unless Guida or Guillard end up winning the title.

kingsmasher » Posted 3/10/11 4:01:00PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by kingsmasher

I wonder if you go against the grain because you truly feel that way or because you want to cause a stir. It's ok to have a different view, but with every thread I see you on, its the same thing.

What are you talking about against the grain? You make no sense...Dont ask me something unless you are specific...

I said Millers arm triangle was a waste of time..It was a waste of energyhim holding on in mid arm tryin to apply a choke he has zero torque on.....How is that agianst the grain? Get real man...

I said it didnt look like Miller watched tape on Henderson or he would have known Henderson is very hard to submit and has been in full guillotine before....

So just what are you talking about? Seriously how was i against the grain? jeez

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by kingsmasher

What are you talking about against the grain? You make no sense...Dont ask me something unless you are specific...

I said Millers arm triangle was a waste of time..It was a waste of energyhim holding on in mid arm tryin to apply a choke he has zero torque on.....How is that agianst the grain? Get real man...

I said it didnt look like Miller watched tape on Henderson or he would have known Henderson is very hard to submit and has been in full guillotine before....

So just what are you talking about? Seriously how was i against the grain? jeez

I was giving MY opinion on your posts. I've seen far weaker subs get applied and work. To say miller must not have watched tape is like saying everyone who faces Hendo must not watch tape because they always walk into his right. Just because he didn't get the sub doesn't mean he shouldn't have tried.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

You know its a beatdown when the guy is closing his eyes wincing in pain

Good fight I had henderson 29-28.
I feel bad for miller 7 wins in a row should give you a title shot
Watch henderson will get another two and get one

Contender status

Siver
Guida
Guillard
Henderson

I say give guillard title shot with win over lauzon
And have battle of the hair happen for next shot after

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

battle of the hair

Nice.

showtimeshogun » Posted 8/21/11 5:27:00PM

The arm triangle was destined to fail from the onset. The closest sub attempt IMO was the kneebar. Still I think it was rather unwise of Miller to put so much faith and effort into those attempts. He drained himself and against an extremely fast-paced fighter like Henderson that's costly. On a side note I'm new here, what's up everyone?

warglory » Posted 2/4/07 2:44:00AM

Welcome showtime. Nice avatar!

showtimeshogun » Posted 8/21/11 5:27:00PM

Thanks man

Rabi » Posted 1/25/07 6:35:00PM

I'm playing catch up on this thread, one of the things mentioned at the start was that Joe Rogan was bias with his commentary, I agree with what most people said , Hendo dominated this fight and battered Miller, referring to the stand up Miller did drop Bendo on the feet, but when he went in for the scramble Hendo was able to reverse him very quickly, also Rogan did state if Miller didn't keep going for subs he wouldn't have took such a beating. I didn't find Rogan bias at all during this fight, it was clearly Bendo's night, he basically dominated most of the fight. ATM, the LW division is my favourite division, someone listed for LW' contenders, another name to list on that is Melendez, can't belong before he jumps ship like Nick Diaz did.

Wh1teB0ii369 » Posted 8/22/11 12:20:00AM

Hmm it definitely seemed like a one-sided beatdown to me. I picked Hendo to win that fight from when it was announced, I didn't think he would handle Miller like he did though. The closest chance Miller had to win that fight was the kneebar and even Bendo said it himself that when he slapped it on, the cup was aligned with the shin instead of his knee.

Pages: 1 [2]

[View Full Version of this Page]