MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Kampmann Out Of UFC Main Event VS Franklin   [View Full Version]
zephead » Posted 1/16/07 5:32:00PM

Martin Kampmann is out of the announced main event for the Ultimate Fighting Championship’s first foray into Northern Ireland. He was scheduled to enter the Octagon to face the #4 ranked middleweight fighter in the world and former UFC Middleweight Champion Rich Franklin.

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

richieb19 » Posted 2/4/07 7:47:00PM

Thats too bad, but maybe for the better as Kampann has incredible talent, I just don't think hes ready for someone like Franklin... hopefully a good alternate can be found...

Stickan » Posted 1/27/07 8:02:00AM

Posted by richieb19

Thats too bad, but maybe for the better as Kampann has incredible talent, I just don't think hes ready for someone like Franklin... hopefully a good alternate can be found...

My thoughts exactly. He's very good but not just ready for Franklin. Okami has been rumoured as a replacement. That would be a much better match-up IMO.
Striking-wise I think Franklin has the edge but I don't think he'll be able to hurt Okami on the feet. Okami is like Machida, too evasive and fast for a guy like Franklin. On the ground it's all Okami.

KnuckleSandwich » Posted 5/7/07 2:03:00PM

Feed Rich Quarry again if Okami cant go IMO

chentay2112 » Posted 2/19/07 11:40:00AM

i was really looking forward to that fight as well

rcg916 » Posted 3/20/07 3:54:00PM

Okami/Frankin would be a good one. Personally, Im ready for Swick/Kendall down the road...

creativedestruction » Posted 1/25/07 12:03:00AM

lame.

[View Full Version of this Page]