MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Jim Miller unsure of title shot with win over Ben Henderson on Aug. 14   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2]
Manak » Posted 6/29/07 12:28:00PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Manak

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Manak

Posted by bjj1605

I'm not excited about Guida fighting ANYBODY. The guy just does nothing for me. I will never understand why people think Jon Fitch is boring and Clay Guida is exciting. Basically the same fighter.

I feel the exact same way bout guida, i feel like his most exciting fights were becuase of the other guy not him..

Hes defintiely fighting to win but I like Jon Fitch and Guida and you cant say Fitch didnt put a pounding on BJ in the third round...

both of them most deff fight to win and they seem like coo dudes but have a grinding type style that i find boring, thats just the way i see it though

I agree about the grinding style and I hate to say I see the future of MMA going that way...With the increase of wrestlers looking to make a living after college its just bound to happen...but when it happens I expect a huge push in rule changes from the UFC..

If you watch greco roman wrestling the new thing is to definitely be on someone back and just hop side to side...

Thats why the old UFC 1 was great and even stupid tough man contests...

yea i think they should tell the ref to stand them or sumthing, if they r making moves n actually puttin power in their GnP then leave alone. stay busy for me does not me throwing pillow punches, it means u are lookin to pass and finish not just pass n lay, if u r throwin 2 inchs punchs how is that stayin busy. at least try for a sub or sumthin but like u said with wrestlers coming out of college its becomin more like that

Posted by tn_rebel

Posted by bjj1605

I'm not excited about Guida fighting ANYBODY. The guy just does nothing for me. I will never understand why people think Jon Fitch is boring and Clay Guida is exciting. Basically the same fighter.

I like Guida, cause that guy can take a beating and just keep comin. He is intense and believe it or not has finished more fights than you probably realize he has. Most of his high profile fights have went to decision tho so I understand where you are comin from. I don't mind Jon Fitch either but mainly because I have never seen someone get robbed of the chance to fight for a title like he has. But I can understand why you would think these fighters are boring but you would at least have to include GSP. GSP fights just like Fitch and is way more boring than Guida.

I would have to disagree with u on GSP outside of the kos fight i think he was trying to finish, he made clear during the shelds fight he was tryin to KO him and came close rocking him a few times (I did find it lame though), he tired subbing dan hardy so many times, alaves was a really good fight with constant action, the kos i didnt like either but he did broke the dude face, those r his last 4 fights, lets go even further.. BJ was worked bad he couldnt remember the 4th rd n corner threw the towel, Fitch was so DESTROYED... which is the main reason there is not much point in a remacth, he lost every round and showed he will never be in GSP class, yes he has earned a shot but i for one do not want to see him get even more hurt like the last fight

yes clay does not have that many dec like u r sayin but i still think his style is only exictin if the other guy can bring the fight to him otherwise he just TDs n grinds but he does take his openings to finish guys which i think fitch does not do

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

He earned a title shot after his fight with Gleison Tibau in my opinion. His wins over Oliveira and Shalorus just happen to be icing on the cake. The division is so stacked, though. We have like 3-4 guys who've each earned their respective title shots.

tn_rebel » Posted 1/1/09 9:36:00PM

Posted by Manak

Posted by tn_rebel

Posted by bjj1605

I like Guida, cause that guy can take a beating and just keep comin. He is intense and believe it or not has finished more fights than you probably realize he has. Most of his high profile fights have went to decision tho so I understand where you are comin from. I don't mind Jon Fitch either but mainly because I have never seen someone get robbed of the chance to fight for a title like he has. But I can understand why you would think these fighters are boring but you would at least have to include GSP. GSP fights just like Fitch and is way more boring than Guida.

I would have to disagree with u on GSP outside of the kos fight i think he was trying to finish, he made clear during the shelds fight he was tryin to KO him and came close rocking him a few times (I did find it lame though), he tired subbing dan hardy so many times, alaves was a really good fight with constant action, the kos i didnt like either but he did broke the dude face, those r his last 4 fights, lets go even further.. BJ was worked bad he couldnt remember the 4th rd n corner threw the towel, Fitch was so DESTROYED... which is the main reason there is not much point in a remacth, he lost every round and showed he will never be in GSP class, yes he has earned a shot but i for one do not want to see him get even more hurt like the last fight

Don't take it the wrong way because I think GSP is the best at what he does and as long as he fights that boring style he will keep his title. Your right about the Hardy fight; he did have him in position to finish the fight. Dan Hardy wouldn't submit and GSP didn't want to hurt him so he let him go. NO KILLER INSTINCT! Anderson Silva would have Hardy's arm mounted on his wall. The one fight you brought up that didn't go to decision was BJ; not because GSP finished it but because BJ wasn't in the shape to fight 5 rounds. Truth is since Serra Ko'd him 6 of his last 9 have went to decision. One the corner stopped and one was stopped for knees to the body. I'm not arguing that those 2 fights shouldn't have been stopped tho because they were bout to put me to sleep anyway. GSP has dominated everyone he has fought since Serra beat him; Fitch was no different but thats the only fight Fitch has lost in 15 UFC fights.And the only fight he has lost overall since 2002. One loss in 9 years and it was to (some people argue) the best champ in UFC history and he's not gonna get another shot?

Posted by tn_rebel

Posted by Manak

Posted by tn_rebel

Posted by bjj1605

Don't take it the wrong way because I think GSP is the best at what he does and as long as he fights that boring style he will keep his title. Your right about the Hardy fight; he did have him in position to finish the fight. Dan Hardy wouldn't submit and GSP didn't want to hurt him so he let him go. NO KILLER INSTINCT! Anderson Silva would have Hardy's arm mounted on his wall. The one fight you brought up that didn't go to decision was BJ; not because GSP finished it but because BJ wasn't in the shape to fight 5 rounds. Truth is since Serra Ko'd him 6 of his last 9 have went to decision. One the corner stopped and one was stopped for knees to the body. I'm not arguing that those 2 fights shouldn't have been stopped tho because they were bout to put me to sleep anyway. GSP has dominated everyone he has fought since Serra beat him; Fitch was no different but thats the only fight Fitch has lost in 15 UFC fights.And the only fight he has lost overall since 2002. One loss in 9 years and it was to (some people argue) the best champ in UFC history and he's not gonna get another shot?

I never said he didnt earn a shot, i said he has earned it but i dont want to watch cause i see it going in no way different than last expect GSP might finish him since there is not one area he can be a threat to GSP like his other opponents have had one area where they could possibly beat GSP

Patchedup15 » Posted 9/26/10 1:22:00PM

Smart move not to be overly cocky and demand a title shot.. BUT he better get assertive and demand the shot if he wins

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

With a win he should be getting it

MMA-San » Posted 4/17/09 10:47:00PM

Well, I'll just go ahead and say it because nobody else is.

Jim Miller will NOT GET A TITLE SHOT , because he wont beat Benson.

Pages: 1 [2]

[View Full Version of this Page]