MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Heavyweight Philip De Fries signs with UFC, expected to debut at UFC 138   [View Full Version]
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

British fighter Philip De Fries is the latest addition to the UFC's heavyweight roster.

The undefeated 25-year-old today announced his deal via Facebook.

Although he didn't specify a debut date or opponent, an event source told MMAjunkie.com he's expected to fight, fittingly, at UFC 138 in England.

LINK

jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

Hmmm I predict a win as he's in London... however against any american's with SubD he'll get hurt.

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

babalu46 » Posted 1/20/09 12:59:00PM

It's been about a year since i've seen him fight but I hope his stand up has improved.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

From what I've seen his standup does need work, especially with Cain and dos santos at the top of the division. Glad the ufc is bringing in new heavyweght meat

Patchedup15 » Posted 9/26/10 1:22:00PM

good.. UFC needs some depth in their HW div.. hopefully new blood can help shake things up

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Ufc needs more heavyweight new blood!!

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

He's fighting Oli Thompson, another British HW who is not UFC level

EDIT: I'm so sick of the UK being patronised by the UFC everytime they put on an event here.

I've just found out that Che Mills has been signed to fight at UFC 138 also...............Mills lost trying to get into the TUF 9 house.

Adrenaline » Posted 4/4/09 2:45:00AM

I thought Philip De Fries was an intergalactic delivery boy?

[View Full Version of this Page]