MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC President Dana White Talks Fedor Emelianenko and Being Unhappy With Recent Developments   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2]
DeadHead988 » Posted 8/19/10 2:42:00PM

Posted by Jride

I wish Dana White the absolute worst in life, he is absolute garbage and SCUM.

"If Fedor gets knocked out, he got knocked out by a middleweight, if Fedor wins, he beat a middleweight ,it's a lose-lose"

If you believe that Dana then you should discredit your star HW, 280 pound Brock Lesnar for beating a LHW Couture.

Absolutely pathetic.

take one

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by pmoney

Posted by prophecy033
I said pretty much the same a few posts back. Woulda gave props but I gotta spread the love... I get ya later

True, lol. I was going to prop you for that, but I also have to spread the disease, er, spread the love

I had to jump in on that topic, because no one had addressed the Brock-Randy reference. That was a fine fight to make.

I had no problem with it other then randy losing. The problem I have with the HW division is fighters can be anywhere between 206 and 265. And In Lesner's case, he cuts something like 20 pounds to get to 265. I just feel there should be a few other divisions somewhere in there. Or add a super HW for the bigger guys like Brock

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

Skatanicus » Posted 6/21/07 2:53:00PM

To Prophecy:

Yes, Dana White is bad for the sport, and Strikeforce is a prime example. The fact that Zuffa ended up buying Strikeforce just speaks to the ridiculous sloppiness of White's approach. Anybody paying attention would have bet the lot against Zuffa buying Strikeforce simply because Dana expressed no other intention but to defame the organization and the caliber of its fighters.

I pointed to the personal squabbles as an example, one of many, that demonstrates the importance of White's own personal issues in interfering with what I would call proper competition between the sport's elite fighters. It is clear that White's direct relationships with a number of fighters exist beyond just business and this has caused problems.

White's tirades on twitter are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the childish antics he has brought into the way the UFC conducts itself, and that is not likely to change any time soon.

What we have here is a truly awful representative of the sport, someone who is driven by the goal of an MMA monopoly, and is not the least bit credible for the survival of the sport. The sport's growth has nothing to do with Dana White, and has everything to do with a move away from boxing, and the overall appeal of MMA. All the potential network TV deals have been turned to zilch repeatedly, and MMA has not yet gone mainstream despite its obvious potential to do so.

icantthinkofanything » Posted 1/16/09 11:38:00PM

Fedor is a legend, but he was always fighting at heavyweight, and since most mma guys have no fat, it would make sense for Fedor to be fighting Hendo sized fighters. It may be too late now, but I think DW always ruins reputations of non ufc fighters, and does a diservice to his company when he talks bad about UFC fighters who were cut or lost. saying Hendo is just a MW, is not accurate, Hendo was a dual belt holder and a great fighter. Eventhough He lost to Jake, everyone wrote off Hendo as old, but now since he is champ,they are back on the wagon. Hendo is not Ryan Jensen just a mw, just like Fedor is still a legend eventhough time, size and strength have caught up to him.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

"Look at Kenny Florian. I mean, Kenny Florian has had to work his way back up to get a shot at the title, too"

1 win = title shot? thats not working your way up

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by Jride

I wish Dana White the absolute worst in life, he is absolute garbage and SCUM.

"If Fedor gets knocked out, he got knocked out by a middleweight, if Fedor wins, he beat a middleweight ,it's a lose-lose"

If you believe that Dana then you should discredit your star HW, 280 pound Brock Lesnar for beating a LHW Couture.

Absolutely pathetic.

and poster boy Forrest Griffin got embarrassed by a MW. Florian has to drop 3 weight classes to try for a title. and add in your Brock point.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

ncordless » Posted 4/8/07 11:09:00PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by pmoney

Posted by prophecy033
I said pretty much the same a few posts back. Woulda gave props but I gotta spread the love... I get ya later

True, lol. I was going to prop you for that, but I also have to spread the disease, er, spread the love

I had to jump in on that topic, because no one had addressed the Brock-Randy reference. That was a fine fight to make.

I had no problem with it other then randy losing. The problem I have with the HW division is fighters can be anywhere between 206 and 265. And In Lesner's case, he cuts something like 20 pounds to get to 265. I just feel there should be a few other divisions somewhere in there. Or add a super HW for the bigger guys like Brock

That argument held a lot more water before Lesnar got embarrased by the much smaller Cain.

Cutting to make 265 isn't necessarily an advantage.

Posted by Skatanicus

To Prophecy:

Yes, Dana White is bad for the sport, and Strikeforce is a prime example. The fact that Zuffa ended up buying Strikeforce just speaks to the ridiculous sloppiness of White's approach. Anybody paying attention would have bet the lot against Zuffa buying Strikeforce simply because Dana expressed no other intention but to defame the organization and the caliber of its fighters.

I pointed to the personal squabbles as an example, one of many, that demonstrates the importance of White's own personal issues in interfering with what I would call proper competition between the sport's elite fighters. It is clear that White's direct relationships with a number of fighters exist beyond just business and this has caused problems.

White's tirades on twitter are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the childish antics he has brought into the way the UFC conducts itself, and that is not likely to change any time soon.

What we have here is a truly awful representative of the sport, someone who is driven by the goal of an MMA monopoly, and is not the least bit credible for the survival of the sport. The sport's growth has nothing to do with Dana White, and has everything to do with a move away from boxing, and the overall appeal of MMA. All the potential network TV deals have been turned to zilch repeatedly, and MMA has not yet gone mainstream despite its obvious potential to do so.

Although Dana's feuds get to be a bit much sometimes, he is good for the sport and ill tell you why
1. Legitimize- when zuffa first purchased the ufc, it was looked at as human ********** fighting. With the unified rules and weight classes, mma has turned legitimate in a hurry. Now they are all over the place. White helped transform this into the fastest rising sport not only in America but the world.
2. Global expansion- white has regulated mma in more states then Strikeforce has had fights in. Not only that but they have expanded to Canada, Europe, and now, possibly, Asia. No other organization has bridged a gap like that.
3. Big fights- Dana for years tried to get pride to co promote a Liddell vs wanderlei fight with announcement after announcement with nothing coming to fruition. Sick of all the talk, zuffa purchased pride and put on some of the best fights in history. 3 pride fighters have help ufc gold since then. Tell me that hasn't made mma better.
4. Accident insurance- Dana spearheaded this cause. Fighters now have insurance to cover injuries. Cub swanson saved $50,000 using this insurance. Dana knew this was the next step in the progression of the sport. If you ask the fighters what they think, I guarantee they all say its good for the sport.
Dana white isn't a saint now is he the antichrist. He has the gift of gab, sometimes that's bad, but sometimes its good. He lays into fighters when they put on sh*tty fights. He needs to. If I screw up at work, you better believe my boss is letting me know. Why would it be any different with Dana (boss) and the fighters (employees).
Dana is protective of the ufc. They bought it when nobody else wanted anything to do with it, and as soon as they started making a profit and it was marketable, those same people wanted back in. I would be pissed too.
Dana may be a lot of things but bad for the sport isn't one of them
If you want to point fingers at who's bad for the sport, point at Gary Shaw for trying to fix fights and fighters that cheat. Those give the sport a real black eye.
I appreciate you stating your case with respect, I hope I did as well

#2 UFC 112 Points
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

Posted by ncordless

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by pmoney

Posted by prophecy033

That argument held a lot more water before Lesnar got embarrased by the much smaller Cain.

Cutting to make 265 isn't necessarily an advantage.

yet its still an advantage

#2 UFC 112 Points

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Posted by Skatanicus

To Prophecy:

I disagree.

Dirty Sanchez is not a racist term. It's just really rude.

machodog76 » Posted 6/26/07 10:37:00PM

I take it you weren't watching the sport during the late 90s? Zuffa saved MMA in North America. There is one misconception I seem to read a lot though, weight classes were in place before Zuffa took over and I think (but I’m not sure) SEG was trying to get sanctioning.
I don’t always like what Dana does and sometimes his actions hurt MMA as whole for the benefit of the UFC. But if you look at it objectively he’s been a tremendous force in making the UFC and MMA the phenomenon it is today. With the amount of hyperbole you use in your comments I have to wonder if you’re trolling, if so well done you got me.

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

I believe since Zuffa bought the UFC and pretty much legitimized the sport Dana deserves his credit. He's been what the sport has needed for what,12 or so years?Yet this doesn't mean Dana is what the sport will need in the years to come. Despite his character,who knows how the sport will grow in the future?

I wonder if his brooding over recent developments has anything to do with Overeem getting cut?

Machodog, Weight classes in MMA where first put in place by John Perretti,who was a matcmaker and part founder of Extreame fighting and also worked for the UFC. One MMA magazine article I read even gave him credit to co-designing the prototype for the first MMA glove. Despite a lot of contraversy behind the man,he did alot behind the scenes to help get the sport going. I honestly believe most of what the sport needed was in place,pre-Zuffa, they just found the best way to market it.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

Listen, you don't have to love me, man. I'm not asking for anybody to love me. I'm not asking. I'm not looking for any more friends, not looking for anybody else to be screaming my name from the rooftops. I really don't give a s--- what anybody thinks, you know what I mean? I know what we're doing, I know where we're going, and over the next several years I'm going to be the guy to do it, whether you like it not. - DW

UFC 151: Never Forget

Pages: 1 [2]

[View Full Version of this Page]