MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
BJ Penn Moves Camp to California for UFC 137 Bout; Kendall Grove, Reagan Penn Join Him   [View Full Version]
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

B.J. Penn has relocated his camp to Southern California in an effort to prepare for his UFC 137 bout against Carlos Condit, and he’s brought Kendall Grovie and younger brother Reagan Penn along, as well.

LINK

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

I can't wait for Reagans fight. I wanna see his jiu-jitsu

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Kendall Grove is going to be a great sparring partner for BJ

kingsmasher » Posted 3/10/11 4:01:00PM

IM not sold on Grove being a good training partner for BJ...Why cause I actually think BJ can beat Grove...but I guess he likes his reach and frame to help prepare for Condit...

icantthinkofanything » Posted 1/16/09 11:38:00PM

Bj should try harder to get his act together. Going to CA, is the least he could do. He should train with Rashad Evans, so he can improve his wrestling, than go to a real camp like AKA (considering Fitch won't get a rematch) or ATT. BJ needs to get better cardio so he can fight well in the second and third rounds. Especially now at ww, where he will be pushed much harder. He looked tired vs. Edgar both times, and all he did was try to follow Edgar, couldnt cut off the cage he was too slow, but vs Hughes he was very fast, luckily it ended quick, because that speed dissapates quickly when getting gnp'd.

Skatanicus » Posted 6/21/07 2:53:00PM

BJ should go to high elevation. They don't make pancakes for quitters past 5000 feet anymore.

KungFuMaster » Posted 5/17/11 11:13:00PM

I do not believe it. I believe Penn is on vacation - visiting the many beaches of Southern California. I bet he is at Santa Monica beach right now hanging out with Dennis>>>

Jride » Posted 5/13/09 9:34:00PM

BJ now has a slighter chance at beating Condit now.

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

Posted by Jride

You think his chances are worse for training in Cali? I mean, training with Kendall Grove is less like steel sharpening steel and more like steel denting aluminium.... But at least he's here on the mainland!

Patchedup15 » Posted 9/26/10 1:22:00PM

Posted by Jride

I would like to see who else he's bringing in/ if the majority of his camp came with him

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Maybe big bear??

kingsmasher » Posted 3/10/11 4:01:00PM

UPDATE....I heard BJ was in camp and in walked Kendall and BJ says, what are you doing here? Kendall says IM here to train with you....BJ says IM waiting for Anderson Silva....His Brother walks up and says, no no not Spider.....DA Spyder is who you are training with....

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Posted by Patchedup15

Posted by Jride

I would like to see who else he's bringing in/ if the majority of his camp came with him

Most likely nobody.

Brandon Melendez is the worst head coach ever.

[View Full Version of this Page]