MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Former UFC Fighter Justin Wren Puts Career on Hold to Answer Divine Call   [View Full Version]
pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

WHEAT RIDGE, Colo. -- When Justin Wren says that God told him to take a break from fighting and go to one of Africa's most dangerous war-torn nations with three other Christian missionaries, he knows how that's likely to come off.

"I hope I don't sound like a religious dude," Wren says, flashing an embarrassed grin from deep within his bushy blonde beard. "That used to be like a cuss word to me."

That was before, back when Wren was not only a non-believer, but openly hostile to religion. If you'd told him a year and a half ago that he'd be putting his MMA career on hold to travel the earth with a small band of hardcore Christians, he'd have asked you what you were smoking, and whether you could spare any. He didn't even want to attend a church service, much less rearrange his life altogether.

Article

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Well atleast they are hardcore christians.

Patchedup15 » Posted 9/26/10 1:22:00PM

This is very strange.. but hey if he feels an internal need then good for him

DeadHead988 » Posted 8/19/10 2:42:00PM

drugs are just bad... mmmkay?

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

People find what they need in the most unusual places

MMA-San » Posted 4/17/09 10:47:00PM

ugh, he needs psychiatric help...what is Wes Sims up to nowadays, I'm sure he could use the money, I seen some of those advertisements for online psychiatric certifications.

SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

Are you guys serious?! The man is putting his promising career on hold to travel to some of the poorest places in the world to help people!
Yeah he's had his problems but what he's doing is inspiring.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Posted by SmileR

Are you guys serious?! The man is putting his promising career on hold to travel to some of the poorest places in the world to help people!

Absolutely. There's no need for the douchebaggery.

Much respect to Justin for doing this.

tallica62 » Posted 6/22/07 2:18:00AM

he drank too much jesus juice

kingsmasher » Posted 3/10/11 4:01:00PM

Posted by SmileR

I agree with this...So many people just think money is everything or prestige...Some are looking for inner peace...

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by SmileR

I agree with this...So many people just think money is everything or prestige...Some are looking for inner peace...

thats what pot is for

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

GraMMA » Posted 1/13/08 11:46:00AM

Praise God for men like Wren!
As you've done it unto one of these,the least of my brethren,you've done it unto me.
Lord Jesus Christ

[View Full Version of this Page]