MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Pat Barry vs. Stefan Struve added to UFC on Versus 6 lineup   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

The UFC's tallest heavyweight has a date with the promotion's shortest one.

UFC officials today announced that verbal agreements are in place for 6-foot-11 Stefan Struve (21-5 MMA, 5-3 UFC) to meet 5-foot-11 Pat Barry (6-3 MMA, 3-3 UFC) at UFC on Versus 6.

UFC on Versus 6 takes place Oct. 1 at Verizon Center in Washington, D.C. The evening's main card airs on Versus.

Struve vs. Barry likely will be part of the broadcast.

LINK

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Hah, that's funny. Tallest vs shortest.

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

I see either a Corey Hill style leg break happening in this match, or Pat just getting slept by the reach of giant ass Struve.

Edit: Speaking of tallest vs. shortest....

never gets old!

mattjonesy » Posted 5/22/07 7:05:00PM

great match up, its strange that I find it hard to pick a winner!

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

This is tough. Part of me believes Barry is going to knock him out but there's always that massive reach and height difference.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Posted by Budgellism

This is tough. Part of me believes Barry is going to knock him out but there's always that massive reach and height difference.

This. I was thinking Barry could earn the TKO with leg kicks until I saw the size difference in the image above. Not I'm not so sure.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Struve needs to get it to the ground and work the sub.

Otherwise I think Barry can get inside and just land that one punch to rock and finish Struve.

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

This is a badass fight. Struves got the reach and probably a better ground game along with a much more extensive record. Yet I really don't want to pick against Barry.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

This is a tough one to puck, leaning towards Struve by sub. If mirko can RNC berry then struve mos def can

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

I'm having a tough time picking a winner here too. First gut feeling was Barry by vicious ko. I could see Struve using that massive reach to fend off Barry also. I just don't know.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Tough call
Barry by ko if he can reach struve chin
Or struve by pulling guard and subbing barry out

kingsmasher » Posted 3/10/11 4:01:00PM

Knew it wouldnt be long for freakshow fights...Whos next Sean Sherk and Guida take on Brock...Wait I like that idea...Some tag team matches....Miller bros take on the Diaz Bros...

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Barry's going to lose a lot of punching power by having to punch 'up'. His best bet is to kick the sh*t out of Struve's legs and hope he falls.

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

Posted by emfleek

Barry's going to lose a lot of punching power by having to punch 'up'. His best bet is to kick the sh*t out of Struve's legs and hope he falls.

I was thinking the same. However, Roy Nelson didn't seem to lose much power when he went for the Shoryuken on Struve. The Skyscraper is built like a Giraffe, and I don't think his frail frame stops at his chin. Also, for someone who is damn near 7 feet tall, Struve doesn't seem to realize his reach advantage. He can't keep someone on the end of his range for the life of him.

Just for the record: In my opinion, Struve lost to Paul Buentello. The judges didn't agree, but I think Struve's four missing teeth was pretty good evidence of being on the losing end of that fight.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]