MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > General MMA Talk
Video: Extreme Challenge 188, Eric Davila knocks out Brock Larson in 7 seconds   [View Full Version]
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

It took just seven seconds for Eric Davila to knock out Brock Larson at Extreme Challenge 188. Larson is now 4-4 in his last eight fights after starting his career 29-2.

LINK

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

Great now we have to say the old Brock Larson or the new Brock Larson when we talk about him. Vitor Belfort all over again.

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

Posted by Budgellism

It took just seven seconds for Eric Davila to knock out Brock Larson at Extreme Challenge 188. Larson is now 4-4 in his last eight fights after starting his career 29-2.

Holy hell, I did not recall Larson starting out with a record like that... Posted the video of the KO in the playground vids section. Pretty sad showing by Larson, to say the least. Although, in his defense, I don't know if it's possible to have a "good" showing if you get KO'ed seven seconds in to the first round.......

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Posted by pmoney

Posted by Budgellism

Holy hell, I did not recall Larson starting out with a record like that... Posted the video of the KO in the playground vids section. Pretty sad showing by Larson, to say the least. Although, in his defense, I don't know if it's possible to have a "good" showing if you get KO'ed seven seconds in to the first round.......

Yeah, he was a monster back in the day. His slide was really sudden as well. I picked him against Condit (bad decision) because he was a beast and his early WEC fights were insane.

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

I remember his WEC fights, he was looking beastly. If I were on the playground back then, I probably would have picked him Larson too. Then again, I wasn't a fan of Condit's until the Hardy KO. I always respected his skill, but I just never really liked him or wanted him to win. Condit just looks like someone I have beef with...

I have since gotten over it. Condit is a bad ass, and he is an articulate, funny young dude. He's good for MMA.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Sometimes the first punch and the ko punch are the same thing

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Forget it Donny, you're out of your element.

DosBox » Posted 12/30/08 7:15:00PM

Not sure if its entirely accurate to say, but I always saw Larson as a 'bully' type of fighter, good and overpowering opposition but as soon as someone fights back he kind of shuts down (although this fight wasnt necessarily the case as it was only 7 seconds long). Not really the type of fighters to get into "back and forth wars".. I dunno, just an observation.

Mayhem13 » Posted 6/28/07 1:10:00AM

Davilla also came into this fight like 10lbs over....again. Takes a little bit away from the KO...but was still impressive.

[View Full Version of this Page]