MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
After Heartbreaking Tragedy, MMA Community Vows to Rally Around 'Dr. Alex'   [View Full Version]
pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

In Colorado mixed martial arts circles, he's known simply as "Dr. Alex," a physician with a big love of the sport, and a big heart for the fighters who inhabit it. It's been a world he can't get enough of. At various times, he's been a cageside doctor, a judge, and a referee. And when that was not enough, Alex Constantinides, a man who spent five years in medical school, one year in internship, and two in residency, a man whose brain was his most important asset, decided to fight.

Why would he? Was it for fame, money or glory? Of course not. He fought so he could gain a better understanding of what the athletes were going through. He wanted to feel what they felt, experience what they experienced, so he could better care for them. He did it for a reason that some feel is slowly fading from the medical profession: empathy.

Article

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

It says the web page is unavailable

babalu46 » Posted 1/20/09 12:59:00PM

That is heartbreaking. I'm sat at work with tears in my eyes at that story. I literally have no words.

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Wow, hate to see that happen to anyone. Pretty much the opposite results of Ryan Bennett's car accident.

Aether » Posted 4/26/07 1:42:00AM

unfathomable. There can't be anything worse than having your entire family wiped out like that. I feel really bad for the guy, it also sounds like it couldn't have happened to a nicer person.

Really can't imagine how anyone would be able to deal with the emotional impact of something like this, I think I would just be completely broken by it.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Posted by babalu46

That is heartbreaking. I'm sat at work with tears in my eyes at that story. I literally have no words.

Terrible, terrible tragedy. The man doesn't deserve it.

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

Posted by prophecy033

It says the web page is unavailable

I tried the link again. It worked fine for me... Check out MMAFighting.com for the full story. Anyone else having problems getting to the story?

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

Posted by Aether

unfathomable. There can't be anything worse than having your entire family wiped out like that. I feel really bad for the guy, it also sounds like it couldn't have happened to a nicer person.

Really can't imagine how anyone would be able to deal with the emotional impact of something like this, I think I would just be completely broken by it.

Agreed. He sounds like an outstanding human being. I'm sure he'll never be the same again. Absolutely terrible tragedy.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Patchedup15 » Posted 9/26/10 1:22:00PM

i caught this on Mike Chiapettas twitter.. seriously heart wrenching stuff..

[View Full Version of this Page]