MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Who takes it?
Forum Opinion Poll
Anthony Njokuani 15 75%
Paul Taylor 5 25%

Anthony Njokuani vs. Paul Taylor targeted for UFC 138 in England   [View Full Version]
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

A lightweight bout between Anthony Njokuani and fellow slugger Paul Taylor is in the works for UFC 138.

Sources close to the event today told MMAjunkie.com that at least one fighter has agreed to the matchup.

UFC 138 takes place Nov. 5 at the 16,000-seat LG Arena at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham, England.

LINK

quezocrema0032 » Posted 7/15/07 12:46:00AM

Great Fight ! Very Excited

Love this fight. Taylor has some of the best kickboxing in the division, and I think he can win the decision. Njokuani won't make it easy for him, though.

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

More great matchmaking from Joe Silva. Both of these guys always come to put on a show, and that's definitely what we are going to get when these two strikers meet. I am glad the Zuffa roster is so deep these days, or else we wouldn't have so many events so close together so stacked!

Also, is anyone keeping track of the score between WEC-UFC fighters since the merger? Off hand, I'd say if it is not even, the WEC guys would have a slight lead...

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Sorry Paul Taylor.

Njoi via tko or dec.

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

I like this fight....could be a potential fight of the night. Taylor is tough, but I really like Njokuani's striking. I think Njojuani wins by UD.

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Sorry Paul Taylor.

Njoi via tko or dec.

If you're sure you want Anthony, then I'd pick decision. Taylor has never been finished by strikes.

Playground_Samurai » Posted 1/28/07 4:36:00PM

Njokuani will pick him apart in route to a UD. Really looking forward to this fight though. Should be some fireworks.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Very good match

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

Njokuani is going to give Paul Taylor an ass whooping.

Cooler » Posted 6/7/10 4:11:00PM

Paul Taylor by Knockout.

hashyandy4 » Posted 3/31/11 10:49:00PM

This is gonna be a fun fight, Njokuani by UD

Cooler » Posted 6/7/10 4:11:00PM

I dont think people saw Taylor beat up Stout and get shafted, he won that fight to me. He's no Andre Winner, he's going to throw in a wild variety of combinations. If you look at Jewtuzsko vs Njokuani once Njokuani gets hit a few times its downhill from there, its either a bad chin or no heart something along those lines. I'd also say Taylor's standup is better than anyone Njokuani has fought, Jewtuszko, Barboza etc. Im also not sure Njokuani has enough power to stop a guy like Taylor or if he is winning to be able to keep up with that pace for 3 rounds with a tenacious fight like Taylor. Njo has slowed down in the two fights past round 3.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Njokuani was getting lit up by barboza in the first round, then was bitch slapped by barboza's foot at the end of the 3rd, eventually losing a decision in a fight of the night. Taking a decision from winner in his next fight doesn't show me he can take out Taylor. Both are great strikers and that's what makes this fight a hard one to pick. Leaning towards Njokuani by decision

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

This fight is going to be insane. Njokuani by decision in what could very well be FOTN.

[View Full Version of this Page]