MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Alistair Overeem Out of Strikeforce Grand Prix, Antonio Silva to Face Daniel Cormier   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

It didn't take long for Strikeforce to make up their mind regarding Alistair Overeem. Hours after he mentioned that he would not fight on September 10th and Zuffa had threatened him with removal from the Grand Prix, it came to fruition. Tatame first reported that Overeem was out and Daniel Cormier was in to take on Antonio Silva on September 10th:

Alistair Overeem, the Strikeforce heavyweight champion, defeated Fabricio Werdum at Strikeforce GP’s first round, but he’s no longer fighting at the tournament.

LINK

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

Thanks for posting before rockyf could re-edit everything and link the news to his site!

Playground_Samurai » Posted 1/28/07 4:36:00PM

Hopefully this is as far as it goes. It wouldn't be good if Zuffa holds a grudge.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Posted by gspfan

Hopefully this is as far as it goes. It wouldn't be good if Zuffa holds a grudge.

Dana stated that Overeem is still with Zuffa and will fight again once his little toe heals.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Posted by Kpro

Thanks for posting before rockyf could re-edit everything and link the news to his site!

lol

Posted by emfleek

Posted by gspfan

Dana stated that Overeem is still with Zuffa and will fight again once his little toe heals.

Yea, I should've read the article before I posted. Pretty clear this has nothing to do with Zuffa being sour. Just another injured fighter to add on to a long list.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

So what the tourney winner vs Overeem?

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

So what the tourney winner vs Overeem?

IMO, that would make the most sense.

Edit: Pretty big step up in competition for Cormier. Even though he looked good against Monson, who definately isn't a pushover, i'm sure the odds will be stacked heavily in bigfoots favor. I'll for sure be picking Silva.

hashyandy4 » Posted 3/31/11 10:49:00PM

Is it possible that Alistar is a little scared 2 fight bigfoot??

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Posted by hashyandy4

Looking at his resume, I highly doubt it.

FlashyG » Posted 2/13/08 10:33:00AM

Posted by hashyandy4

No.

He accepted the fight, just not the date of the fight.

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

Posted by hashyandy4

NO! Dudes a beast.
Any chance the UFC (and Dana) want to pull him to somehow add him to a UFC card in the near future?????

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Posted by hashyandy4

No. He just wants the proper time to train. The problem is he originally agreed on fighting in October, but now they want him to fight in September, and he won't be able to have a solid training camp in time, unlike Silva.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by Kpro

no doubt

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

Jekyll » Posted 5/26/11 2:51:00AM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by hashyandy4

No. He just wants the proper time to train. The problem is he originally agreed on fighting in October, but now they want him to fight in September, and he won't be able to have a solid training camp in time, unlike Silva.

sound more like his cycle wouldn't be finished

lifting weights makes muscles grow... chemicles made your head swell to Tito levels

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

[View Full Version of this Page]