MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Who wins?
Forum Opinion Poll
Anthony Pettis 17 77%
Jeremy Stephens 5 23%

UFC 136: Anthony Pettis vs Jeremy Stephens announced for Oct. 8 in Houston, Texas   [View Full Version]
Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

link

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

UFC 136: "Edgar vs. Maynard 3," which is scheduled for Oct. 8 at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas, continues to fill out with outstanding match-ups, the latest of which will feature a lightweight showdown pitting Anthony Pettis vs. Jeremy Stephens.

The promotion announced the fight booking just a short time ago.

Of course, the reason for this event getting such a great fight card is largely due to the fact that the next UFC Fan Expo will be held that same weekend in "The Lone Star State."

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

I think Jeremy Stephens should be pleased with this match-up. Pettis isn't Dennis Siver, and he doesn't have the streak going that Dennis does. But he's a high profile name, and a W over Showtime, I believe, would serve Lil' Heathen well.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

I hope pettis wins this fight. I don't like Stephens that much and the fact that pettis wasn't just gonna sit around for the winner of maynard v Edgar got my respect. I knew Guida was gonna beat pettis because pettis couldn't keep pace with him but then again few people can. I think thatosr will light a fire under pettis to train harder then he ever imagined. I look for pettis and Stephens to come out swinging but with that being said it will probably be a ground war. I'll take pettis by 3rd round tko/ko

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

The real winners should be the fans in this one!

sbulldavid » Posted 3/8/08 5:44:00PM

Great match-up that could end several ways, hopefully Pettis respects Stephens punching power.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Posted by FastKnockout

The real winners should be the fans in this one!

Absolutely. This is an awesome fight. I was calling for this after Stephen's last win and I'm very happy it ended up happening. FOTN written all over it.

Cooler » Posted 6/7/10 4:11:00PM

Tony Pettis will be winning this fight by whatever submission he wants.

DeadHead988 » Posted 8/19/10 2:42:00PM

I think this fight is actually a lot closer than it looks on paper. I'm going to give it to Pettis based on his far-superior ground game, but by no means am I ruling out Stephens. I might even bet on him...

[View Full Version of this Page]