MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Charlie Brenneman vs. Anthony Johnson added to October UFC event   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

A pair of fighters who share an extended connection through June's UFC on Versus 4 event will now face-off in October, as Charlie Brenneman (14-2 MMA, 3-1 UFC) faces Anthony "Rumble" Johnson (9-3 MMA, 6-3 UFC).

UFC officials today announced the new matchup after Brenneman hinted at the bout on his official Twitter account.

LINK

I see Rumble knocking him out tbh.

icantthinkofanything » Posted 1/16/09 11:38:00PM

I still havent seen the Spaniard's last fight, but considering he got the w, this fight makes sense. Rumble is an exciting fighter always! I think if Rumble worked on his subs, he could be a champ, because his stand-up is good, great power and td's

UFC_Fanatic » Posted 10/2/08 10:22:00AM

Posted by Budgellism

I see Rumble knocking him out tbh.

Same here. Rumble is going to be way to powerful for Brenneman to handle imo.

sbulldavid » Posted 3/8/08 5:44:00PM

Interesting after watching Brenneman against Story, sounds like the UFC wants to hand Rumble a title shot off of Story's lost momentum.

rockyf » Posted 6/5/11 3:17:00PM

wow...!! Good for Brenneman...a win hear and his career is rocketed..!! I want to see him win it and be one fight from a title shot..!!

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Either Johnson by TKO or Brenneman by wrestling decision.

SamPan » Posted 2/17/09 12:13:00AM

Before the Story fight I could have never pictured myself saying this. But I think Brenneman's the safe bet here. I think he'll crowd Johnson and avoid heavy shots, outworking him en rout to a UD.

hashyandy4 » Posted 3/31/11 10:49:00PM

I hope rumble destroys Brenneman. I'm thinking 2nd tko for johnson

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Rumble by ko all day

KoldKhaos » Posted 9/27/09 5:46:00PM

I believe i predicted this fight to happen after the story vs CB fight.

I like rumble but im not counting out C.B. at all.

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

At least we don't have to see Rumble face a striker and bore us like he did against Hardy.

Brenneman stole Story's thunder but I think Story fighting just over 3 weeks after a 15 minute battle with Thiago Alves contributed to Brenneman being able to outwrestle him to a decision.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Exciting fight! I don't see Brenneman being able to take Johnson down, and who knows if he can handle Rumble's power. Can't wait to see how this one plays out.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Brenneman is too small to impose his will against Johnson.

Posted by Pookie

Brenneman is too small to impose his will against Johnson.

Exactly my thoughts. I don't see him having the strength to deal with Rumble. I think it'll be a 1st round tko for Johnson.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]