MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic vs. Roy Nelson Planned for UFC 137   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Although many called for him to retire from active MMA competition following his second KO loss in a row to Brendan Schaub in April, fan-favorite, Mirko "Cro Cop" appeared on the Croatian sports TV show "Gol" this morning to discuss his career and at the same time, announced that he would be given one more UFC fight, and that it will come in October at UFC 137 against Roy "Big Country" Nelson.

LINK

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

Loving this fight. War Big Country!

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

Please CC, one last LHK. I know I ask every time, but this time I mean it.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

I want cro-cop to win because I wanna see him in the ufc a few more times but nelson will win this fight. He's got a lot of weight behind his punches

MaxOne » Posted 7/26/07 3:12:00PM

If I was roy I would make sure this is a grappling match just to be safe. if he loses to Mirko then Dana can drop Roy (which i think is what he wants...but who knows) and nobody would be able to argue against it from a logical perspective.

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

Big Country by nasty KO. I think its cool that the UFC gave Cro Cop the last fight of his contract. It will be cool to see him in there one more time. Nelson needs this win in a bad way or he could be sent packing.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

i really dont like this matchup. i really like both fighters and dont want either of them to lose. this is just UFC's way (ie the guys upstairs) of saying "loser gets cut."

i personally think Nelson vs Beltran and Cro Cop vs Peewee Herman would have been better matchups

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

AWESOME FIGHT!!!!! it's great to be a ufc fan

Nelson should rebound nicely here.

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

Posted by Budgellism

Sadly, I see Mirko laying unconscious on the octagon mat one last time. One single tear will slowly crawl down my face as Mirko regains consciousness, only to finally hang the gloves up for good.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

cagerage920 » Posted 12/2/10 5:25:00PM

i love this fight. It will be good for nelson's confidence to say he beat legend of the sport.

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

How many losses in a row will this be for CC?

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Nelson by sloppy knockout. I'd love for Cro Cop to go out in a war, though.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

I always wanted to see cro cop fight live
And now I will. Can't wait for it !!

Posted by kopower

Posted by Budgellism

Sadly, I see Mirko laying unconscious on the octagon mat one last time. One single tear will slowly crawl down my face as Mirko regains consciousness, only to finally hang the gloves up for good.

It's sad to say but all great legends fall eventually.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]