MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Jon Fitch Not Happy With B.J. Penn   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2]
Jekyll » Posted 5/26/11 2:51:00AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by TeamDEY

I feel bad for Fitch. He honestly deserves the next shot, I hope he can finish someone his next fight, that will shut everyone up.

He is the true number one contender and arguably the second best WW in the world. The ufc knows this and so do the fans.

Fitch should not worry too much. His has a solid future with the ufc and something tells me Fitch will be fighting for either the vacant WW title or someone other than GSP for the title. *crosses fingers*

He will never have the belt as long as GSP holds it.. he might be number 2 but he is miles away from GSP, everyone is

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

Posted by TeamDEY

I feel bad for Fitch. He honestly deserves the next shot, I hope he can finish someone his next fight, that will shut everyone up.

I don't think he deserves it. Yes his records shows he does, but I don't think his performance warrants it at all. Maybe you're right, IF he finishes someone, maybe some lights will go off for the match makers of the UFC. But I don't think he will finish anyone. He should move up in weightclass, cause I don't think its happening for him in WW.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by Jekyll

Posted by FastKnockout

Keep your head up, Fitch. That record can only be ignored for so long, and it will only keep improving.

record doesn't mean crap if hes not beat anyone important... and not many fans like to watch a guy dry monkey hump another guy for 15 minutes... thats all Fitch ever does in any fight...

seriously, go back to sherdog.

as for not beating anyone important, you do realize GSP needs new opponents too right? if Fitch fights (and most likely beats) all the upcoming #1 contenders who is left in the division for GSP to face? his record may not be filled with top 10 wins, but if it was we would be seeing Fitch vs GSP 7 right now

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

He nixed the fight because Fitch is a boring fighter who always plays it safe. I've beaten that dead horse over and over, but I just can't say it enough. No one wants to watch him fight--no one is willing to pay for it. I'm sure he has some loyal followers, and he certainly knows how to win--but what does that matter if no one is going to pay to see it? You also have to recognize that it's more than just winning--you're there to entertain as well. Some guys understand that, some don't. I'm personally ecstatic to see Penn go up against Condit. Bj won the first bout anyways as IMO and many others, there's no way Fitch should have gotten a 10-8 in the final round.

how many times has Fitch vs ___ been the main even of a PPV? GSP i think is the only one i can come up with. i believe the one with Penn lost its original headliner due to an injury iirc. i like Fitch. he is always active on the ground, throwing strikes and occasionally advancing position. people like jekyll dont appreciate or understand exactly what goes on. people like him should blame the guy on the bottom more for the boring fight as they just lay there praying to be stood up

MMA is a sport, and the object of any sport is to win. you dont see shortstops doing cartwheels or twirls for entertainment value before he throws to first. you dont see soccer players juggling the ball before crossing it into the box. you dont see basketball players dribble with their knees walking up court. all of this would add to the entertainment to the sport for the fans, but we never see it. if you dont win, you dont have a job. you can get released early from your contract and not get compensated for it like they do in other sports

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Jekyll » Posted 5/26/11 2:51:00AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Wolfenstein

He nixed the fight because Fitch is a boring fighter who always plays it safe. I've beaten that dead horse over and over, but I just can't say it enough. No one wants to watch him fight--no one is willing to pay for it. I'm sure he has some loyal followers, and he certainly knows how to win--but what does that matter if no one is going to pay to see it? You also have to recognize that it's more than just winning--you're there to entertain as well. Some guys understand that, some don't. I'm personally ecstatic to see Penn go up against Condit. Bj won the first bout anyways as IMO and many others, there's no way Fitch should have gotten a 10-8 in the final round.

how many times has Fitch vs ___ been the main even of a PPV? GSP i think is the only one i can come up with. i believe the one with Penn lost its original headliner due to an injury iirc. i like Fitch. he is always active on the ground, throwing strikes and occasionally advancing position. people like jekyll dont appreciate or understand exactly what goes on. people like him should blame the guy on the bottom more for the boring fight as they just lay there praying to be stood up

MMA is a sport, and the object of any sport is to win. you dont see shortstops doing cartwheels or twirls for entertainment value before he throws to first. you dont see soccer players juggling the ball before crossing it into the box. you dont see basketball players dribble with their knees walking up court. all of this would add to the entertainment to the sport for the fans, but we never see it. if you dont win, you dont have a job. you can get released early from your contract and not get compensated for it like they do in other sports

fitch had 7 or 8 fights on the undercard before people even herd of him... watching pain dry is more exciting then a fitch fight

Pages: 1 [2]

[View Full Version of this Page]