MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Rad Martinez Signs With Bellator, Continuing Inspirational Journey   [View Full Version]
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Anyone who caught the ESPN "Outside the Lines" segment on Rad Martinez immediately found a new fighter that they couldn't help but want to see make it. Martinez is a talented featherweight and a former NCAA Division I All-American. The OTL segment told the story of Rad's attempt to balance his MMA career and being a full-time caretaker for his brain damaged father. Now, Rad has moved one step closer to his goal of fighting in the UFC by signing with Bellator.

LINK

Extremely emotional video on Bellator's latest signing. Although tears are almost inevitable the video is really worth watching. Very inspirational. Video is after the jump.

BlueSkiesBurn » Posted 6/1/08 3:18:00PM

This is awesome.

ThaAxeMurderer7 » Posted 1/16/08 9:55:00PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

This is awesome.

Yes it is. Everyone should use this as motivation to pursue their dreams. Most excuses people have seem silly when compared to the misfortune dealt to this guy. I hope he has great success in his MMA career.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Having a family and kids is what most of us aim for and rad is no different, but what sets him apart is he is willing to forego that to care for his dad. Amazing story

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

When I click the link it takes me to the MMAPlayground site map?

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

This is awesome.

No, BlueSkies. It's Rad!!

BlueSkiesBurn » Posted 6/1/08 3:18:00PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Here is the link

npayant » Posted 1/28/07 6:28:00PM

Saw this story when it aired on ESPN. Really great story and you can't help but pull for this guy! I really hope he has success in Bellator...he definitely deserves it.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Posted by FastKnockout

Fixed the link. Thanks Blueskies for finding it for him, I must have screwed up when I copy and pasted it before.

[View Full Version of this Page]