MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Charles Oliveira Replaces Paul Taylor, Faces Donald ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone at UFC on Versus 5   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

A change has been made to the upcoming UFC on Versus 5 fight card. Charles Oliveira has replaced Paul Taylor and will face Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone in Milwaukee.

Sources close to the match-up confirmed the bout to MMAWeekly.com on Wednesday.

Oliveira steps in just two weeks after his fight with Nik Lentz in Pittsburgh at UFC on Versus 4...

Full Story

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

What's with all these false match-ups lately?

EDIT: Oh, and I think Cerrone will beat him pretty easily.

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Now, that's what I'm talkin' about.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Wait, what was the original fight

Hard fight to pick for me. Charles goes from one potential tough match up to another tough one.

My first thought is Charles UD b/c of his speed.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Awesome fight!

Have Taylor step in for Oliveira and fight Lauzon.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Tired of all these false annoucements

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

Man, this could really easily be FOTN. Miller-Bendo and Lylte-Hardy have the potential as well.

This is an incredibly interesting fight. Oliveira's striking looked really good against Lentz, and we all know about his BJJ.

Cerrone is a pretty good kickboxer though, and he has a pretty good ground game himself. What a war this should be!

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Posted by pmoney

Man, this could really easily be FOTN. Miller-Bendo and Lylte-Hardy have the potential as well.

This is an incredibly interesting fight. Oliveira's striking looked really good against Lentz, and we all know about his BJJ.

Cerrone is a pretty good kickboxer though, and he has a pretty good ground game himself. What a war this should be!

This is such a solid free card. All the way through it's solid. Can't wait for this.

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

I love this fight. Its going to be exciting whether its on the ground or standing.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

hashyandy4 » Posted 3/31/11 10:49:00PM

i like this more than Lauzon. But now i wonder who J-Lau will Fight??

Lesnar1 » Posted 3/28/11 2:47:00AM

Damn! wanted to see Lauzon v Oliveira but the Cerrone fight also is awesome. I think Cerrone beats Oliveira at his own game and submits him.

kingsmasher » Posted 3/10/11 4:01:00PM

Way too tough to call this one I love Cerrone but Oliveira is a beast and I think he just underestimated Jim Miller ground game....I think he stays mobile he wins a very close decision...I mean very close...There will be lots of arguing who won..

sbulldavid » Posted 3/8/08 5:44:00PM

Oliviera made a mistake against Miller who is probably the strongest guy in the division and among the best overall, Cerrone is a great fighter but Oliviera should be ready for him. I would love to see the winner fight Pettis.

RhythmAndStyle » Posted 1/25/08 3:12:00PM

Oliveira via TKO!!!...seems like i'm the only guy sold on him, i been since before he came to the big show..love this guy, no homo..dude not even at his peak yet, and he's ****** scary already..and plus i get to witness this match LIVE! in milwaukee..so please Dana keep this match..cuz i'm comin..

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

no homo..dude not even at his peak yet,

"no homo"

What's that all about?

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]