MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Stupid idea for TUF   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Passive_Jay » Posted 2/4/11 11:10:00PM

Ok, before I start I know this will never happen and is kind of a dumb idea.

A friend and I were talking about Rich Franklin and how much we were fans of his. I was saying that I hoped he retired soon because he is a great spokesman for the UFC but if he kept getting hit in the head that would change. So while we were trying to come up with idea's for what Rich could do after he retired I came up with this.

Lets have Rich Franklin be the "House Mom" for The Ultimate Fighter. He will move in the house with the fighters and give them advice and try to keep the peace in the house. I know it sounds dumb but since Franklin was a teacher before he started fighting he is used to dealing with immature idiots, and it would freshen up what has become a dull format.

So what do you guys think? Dumb idea or really dumb idea?

Jekyll » Posted 5/26/11 2:51:00AM

pretty sure if you labled any fighter the "house Mom" you would get your ass beat so bad your mom wouldn't know who you are

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

As long as he gets to wear his pink fight shorts I think he'd do great at it.

BeeR » Posted 6/28/09 1:36:00PM

better idea, pick 16 guys/regular fans who have NEVER fought and have no training, or limited (take local classes for fun or whatever), and turn them into a UFC fighter.

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

Posted by BeeR

better idea, pick 16 guys/regular fans who have NEVER fought and have no training, or limited (take local classes for fun or whatever), and turn them into a UFC fighter.

Like Corey Hill ?

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Posted by BeeR

They tried that, it was called TUF 13. I kid though

Posted by Kpro

Posted by BeeR

Like Corey Hill ?

no, he had amateur fights to his resume and trained.
Im talking die hard fans who work a full time job, are in shape, maybe taken a BJJ or MMA class or two, and with the proper training COULD compete, even if its just low end talent, this I would watch, I watched 1 episode of each season for the last 3 and sh*t on it, and never watched it again, TUF to me is dead and gone and needs a serious revamp, even new direction.

haha

kingsmasher » Posted 3/10/11 4:01:00PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by BeeR

Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Or space the damn shows out. What are there 2 shows a year? How about 1 show every 2 years so the crop of fighters isnt $hit

Also I liked the idea of what TUF 4 was about, with so many fighters being cut it could make sense.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Idea doesn't sound that exciting. Sounds boring for me and Franklin.

and his wife.

FlashyG » Posted 2/13/08 10:33:00AM

What about reviving the IFL team concept and have each gym represented pick their team from the guys who train there.

AKA, Blackhouse, Greg Jackson's Academy, Wolfslair, Golden Glory etc. There are tons of gyms that it would be interesting to get a peek inside of.

It could be done with unsigned talent from the gyms or with already signed fighters, either way I think it would be a better format than watching a bunch of wannabe celebrities trying to act cool for the cameras inside the house.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

I like the idea of another Comeback season. I'd say it's time to do another.

Lesnar1 » Posted 3/28/11 2:47:00AM

Yeah sounds good and now that Randy's retired they could also bring him in as the 'house dad' u know he could do the cooking, washing and give fatherly advice to all the contestants.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

I would almost prefet a comeback season after this last season.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]