MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC brass says Demetrious Johnson could take title shot over Brian Bowles   [View Full Version]
pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

LAS VEGAS – It's the inevitable question that surfaces each and every time a UFC champion wraps a belt around his waist: What's next?

And so it was for Dominick Cruz (18-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) following his UFC 132 victory former WEC featherweight champ Urijah Faber.

Many MMA pundits pointed to former WEC champ Brian Bowles (10-1 MMA, 2-0 UFC) as the leading candidate to snag the next shot at the 135-pound belt, but UFC brass said that's not necessarily the case.

Article

I think DJ would be a very tough fight for Cruz. The speed and wrestling of Mighty Mouse is unbelievable. Then again, they say the same about the Dominator.

Make this fight. If Cruz wins, then let him start going through the division again.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

With Bowles possibly having a broken hand. I think Might Mouse prolly gets the next shot.

But I see Mighty Mouse vs Cruz, going the same as Cruz vs Joe B. It would be Cruz by UD, landing strikes and avoiding TD's.

papercut » Posted 3/3/07 4:18:00PM

Even if Mighty Mouse is next this fight will take a while to be made, if I remember correctly didn't Johnson break his foot or something in his last fight?

Posted by papercut

Even if Mighty Mouse is next this fight will take a while to be made, if I remember correctly didn't Johnson break his foot or something in his last fight?

Yes sir, Mighty Mouse is on the mend....

kingsmasher » Posted 3/10/11 4:01:00PM

Bowles has not been impressive and i think hes gun shy after his hand break in the first fight...hes like the first fighter I have seen make it so obvious too that hes injured in a fight...I mean Urijah has before....or was it Jamie Varner...I think both but it seems like the WEC guys want to tell the world exactly when it happens and want to quit...

quezocrema0032 » Posted 7/15/07 12:46:00AM

If this happens then that tells me that Faber will fight Bowles for the next spot in line. I won't mind seeing mighty mouse take the fight.

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Bowles has not been impressive .

Was last night the first time you've ever seen Bowles fight?

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

My rankings I got mighty mouse next
I see bowles taking one more fight.

And in 2012 will be mayday time!!!

I say cruz vs mighty mouse for years end event

Wolf » Posted 1/14/07 11:32:00PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Bowles has not been impressive and i think hes gun shy after his hand break in the first fight...hes like the first fighter I have seen make it so obvious too that hes injured in a fight...I mean Urijah has before....or was it Jamie Varner...I think both but it seems like the WEC guys want to tell the world exactly when it happens and want to quit...

So, his second ass whipping of Damacio was unimpressive?

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Bowles should not get a title shot after being a backpack for almost an entire round to win the fight. for everyone bitching about top control wrestlers, this is even worse as he just hung there and did not attempt a single strike for the 3 minutes or w/e he played the role of a backpack.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

[View Full Version of this Page]