MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC on Versus 4 Bout Between Charles Oliveira and Nik Lentz Ruled a No Contest   [View Full Version]
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

The Pennsylvania Athletic Commission has overturned Charles Oliveira's victory over Nik Lentz at UFC on Versus 4 and declared the fight a no contest. Oliveira landed a flagrantly illegal knee to Lentz' face while Lentz had one knee on the ground. Referee Chip Snider let the action continue despite the illegal blow and Oliveira quickly submitted the stunnded Lentz.

The UFC declared the bout the Fight of the Night and awarded each fighter a $50,000 bonus.

MMA Weekly got the statement from Greg Sirb, executive director of the PSAC:

"After review of the tape of this contest and after consultation with the referee the Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission has ruled that the results of this match will be changed to a no contest.

"This change is a direct result from an accidental kick to the head by Mr. Oliveira to a grounded Mr. Lentz."

LINK

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

PA getting it right!

Cooler » Posted 6/7/10 4:11:00PM

Booo, just allow knees at any point in a fight, youre basically just limiting a strikers range of strikes and it doesnt really matter where a knee is landed imo. a case could be made for colemans downward knees on igor but still, a knee is a knee, im shocked its such a big deal honestly, and in fact i think it would negate a lot of lay and prayers like nik lentz and make them weary of shooting in on a lazy takedown from their knees

oliveira beat his butt...fair and square imo, if that was vale tude it wouldnt have mattered anyway, if the stomps dont come back at least let the strikers have the wider range of knees, cmon

Posted by Cooler

Booo, just allow knees at any point in a fight, youre basically just limiting a strikers range of strikes and it doesnt really matter where a knee is landed imo. a case could be made for colemans downward knees on igor but still, a knee is a knee, im shocked its such a big deal honestly, and in fact i think it would negate a lot of lay and prayers like nik lentz and make them weary of shooting in on a lazy takedown from their knees

oliveira beat his butt...fair and square imo, if that was vale tude it wouldnt have mattered anyway, if the stomps dont come back at least let the strikers have the wider range of knees, cmon

As much as I agree with you, PAAC did the right thing. Rules are rules and if a guy isn't expecting to get kneed in the head and does thats not fair at all. Don't forget Pat Berry was beating Kongos but later that night and well you know how that ended!

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

Posted by postman

PA getting it right!

Nothing but good people in PA!

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Posted by postman

PA getting it right!

Shall we discuss the refs from that night?

Posted by scoozna

Posted by postman

PA getting it right!

Nothing but good people in PA!

...and then you have Philly which is basically Jersey Jr.

(kidding...I actually had a blast the only time I've been to Philly)

Posted by emfleek

Posted by postman

PA getting it right!

Shall we discuss the refs from that night?

I'm not sure the actually reside in pa

Posted by postman

I'm not sure the actually reside in pa

Me either, but the AC that appointed them does.

[View Full Version of this Page]