MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Steve Mazzagatti is the Referee for Dominick Cruz vs. Urijah Faber at UFC 132   [View Full Version]
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Dana White's probably not very happy about this. Steve Mazzagatti has been assigned the duty of refereeing the main event UFC bantamweight title fight between Dominick Cruz and Urijah Faber on July 2nd. MMAJunkie has it:

The decision was made at today's Nevada State Athletic Commission monthly meeting, which took place at Las Vegas' Grant Sawyer State Office Building and was attended by MMAJunkie.

Additionally, judges Patricia Morse-Jarman, Glenn Trowbridge and Sal D'Amato were selected as attending judges for the UFC 132 headliner, which takes place July 2 at Las Vegas' MGM Grand Garden Arena and airs on pay-per-view and Spike TV.

LINK

Wallass » Posted 10/7/08 5:39:00PM

Mazzagatti isn't as bad as he once was although id prefer to see Rosenthal or Herb Dean in there

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

I think we should be worried about judging instead of MaZZ being the ref. B/c I have this one going to a decision.

DeadHead988 » Posted 8/19/10 2:42:00PM

I've never really understood the hate for Mazzagatti

Drudinh » Posted 12/17/07 6:19:00PM

Posted by DeadHead988

No more free mustache rides

ChokeUout » Posted 6/28/07 1:48:00PM

He's not as bad as Dana makes him out to be, but He's no Herb, Mario or Rosenthal.

I'm just glad Cecil Peoples or Nelson Hamilton aren't judging. And yeah, i see this going the distance too.

RhythmAndStyle » Posted 1/25/08 3:12:00PM

seriously guys??..is this news worthy..no!..i dont think so..topic closed..lol

kingsmasher » Posted 3/10/11 4:01:00PM

Posted by DeadHead988

Me neither...I could careless about refs unless its Cecil Peoples...Its judging...

I think Faber by early guillotine or it goes to decisin and before I make a pick I want to know whos judging...

If Peoples is judging I pick the clear cut loser who looks the worst to win the fight...cause Cecil judges like hes

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

Posted by Drudinh

Posted by DeadHead988

No more free mustache rides

Nope, as you can see they cost 5 bucks

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by ChokeUout

He's not as bad as Dana makes him out to be, but He's no Herb, Mario or Rosenthal.

I'm just glad Cecil Peoples or Nelson Hamilton aren't judging. And yeah, i see this going the distance too.

what happened to Mario? i dont think i have seen him in months

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by DeadHead988

He lets a lot of fights go on too long. I'm not saying that's why I hate him. I don't think he's the best referee that most commission employ, by any stretch. The one moment that really sticks out to me is Lesnar/Mir 1. Moot point now though. I just hope he does a good job in this fight, but both fighters are relatively clean fighters.

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by DeadHead988

He lets a lot of fights go on too long. I'm not saying that's why I hate him. I don't think he's the best referee that most commission employ, by any stretch. The one moment that really sticks out to me is Lesnar/Mir 1. Moot point now though. I just hope he does a good job in this fight, but both fighters are relatively clean fighters.

Lesnar/Mir 1.... Mir won that fight. How can you say it should have been stopped when Mir went on to submit Lesnar? lol

[View Full Version of this Page]