MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Tony Ferguson vs. Aaron Riley set for UFC 135 in Denver   [View Full Version]
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Less than a month from a first-round knockout win that netted him the title of "The Ultimate Fighter 14," Tony Ferguson (11-2 MMA, 1-0 UFC) has his next booking.

The UFC today announced the welterweight is set to meet veteran Aaron Riley (30-12-1 MMA, 3-4 UFC) at UFC 135, which takes place Sept. 24 at Denver's Pepsi Center.

LINK

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Another fighter looking to drop down, huh? He didn't give Welterweight much of a chance.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Interesting giving him a very experienced vet in Riley. I think Tony can take it.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Honestly, I'm thinking Riley will win this. UD.

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

I just glanced at this topic and I could have sworn it said Turd Ferguson. I did a quick double take. Wouldn't that have been something.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

icantthinkofanything » Posted 1/16/09 11:38:00PM

i had a feeling that drop would happen, everyone on the show was undersized compared to the UFC'S monsters at ww

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

I like this fight, should be entertaining. I see Ferguson taking it. I think he's pretty well rounded, even for a fight with a decent vet like Riley.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Decent fight. Will be a spike prelim my guess
Riley is a good test. But 16 months off is a long time to be off

quezocrema0032 » Posted 7/15/07 12:46:00AM

Its really worth noticing how the fighters who win tuf that don't really show alot of promise get brought up so much slower. Like Mcgee and Fergeon get old vets they should handle, while a guy like Brookins gets Stephens and Koch. Its just intersting.

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

Posted by kopower

I just glanced at this topic and I could have sworn it said Turd Ferguson. I did a quick double take. Wouldn't that have been something.

Lol, I miss SNL-era Will Ferrell and Norm McDonald. Still two of the funniest dudes around. "Turd" would be a good nickname for Tony. I know that's what I see when he's on tv. A giant, talking turd.

What's the over-under on his career? I say if he wins this fight, he may have upwards of 4 fights in the UFC.

[View Full Version of this Page]