MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Who takes it?
Forum Opinion Poll
Paul Taylor 7 29%
Donald Cerrone 17 71%

Donald Cerrone Replaces Makdessi, Faces Paul Taylor at UFC on Versus 5   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone's certainly keeping busy. Fresh off a decision victory over Vagner Rocha at UFC 131 in Vancouver, Cerrone is apparently stepping in as a late replacement at UFC on Versus 5 to face British fighter Paul Taylor. ESPN UK has the report:

England's Paul Taylor has been handed arguably the toughest assignment of his career at UFC Live in Milwaukee after it was confirmed to ESPN that he will take on the dangerous Donald Cerrone.

Taylor had been lined up to fight John Makdessi on August 14, on a card headlined by Dan Hardy's welterweight war with Chris Lytle.

LINK

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Just my luck. When I start liking Cerrone, he signs to fight my favorite Lightweight. Cerrone will probably end up the favorite pretty quickly, but Taylor shouldn't be thrown to side here. He's seriously underrated due to his losses at Welterweight in which he was mostly out wrestled, and always considered undersized. He's looked amazing since dropping to Lightweight, and a lot of people actually thought he won the decision against Sam Stout. I'm banking on this to be Fight Of The Night, which would be the 4th award for Taylor.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Taylor is no joke. He's awesome but I think Cerrone can definitely submit him. If they choose to just strike then yeah Taylor has a very good chance to win but Cerrone is much better on the ground and Taylor is submittable.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

this is such an awesome matchup. cant wait!

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Cowboy by dec. Expect them to stand and trade, hopefully.

hashyandy4 » Posted 3/31/11 10:49:00PM

Cowboy by 2nd round sub

DeadHead988 » Posted 8/19/10 2:42:00PM

Cerrone is such a frickin beast!

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

WAR WHOEVER CERRONE IS FIGHTING!!!

UFC_Fanatic » Posted 10/2/08 10:22:00AM

I think if the two stand and bang the entire fight, I give the edge to Taylor. There is a reason that Roegan kept going on and on about how Taylor's striking was a prime example of picture perfect technique in his fight against Gabe Ruediger. He is a phenomenal striker, but Cerrone is no slouch on the feet himself. I could very well see this being a split decision in what is sure to be a highly contested fight of the night type bout. I predict a 29-28 decision in Taylor's favor if it's a striking match. If it hits the ground though, I give Cerrone the edge.

BigBadAl » Posted 6/18/09 8:26:00AM

There is no way that this will be a boring fight. I like both fighters. Whoever loses will go out in a blaze of glory.

icantthinkofanything » Posted 1/16/09 11:38:00PM

i want to see Cerrone fight Makadesi, that would be a stand up clinic

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

This will be a solid fight, i hope Taylor takes it to him.

kingsmasher » Posted 3/10/11 4:01:00PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Just my luck. When I start liking Cerrone, he signs to fight my favorite Lightweight. Cerrone will probably end up the favorite pretty quickly, but Taylor shouldn't be thrown to side here. He's seriously underrated due to his losses at Welterweight in which he was mostly out wrestled, and always considered undersized. He's looked amazing since dropping to Lightweight, and a lot of people actually thought he won the decision against Sam Stout. I'm banking on this to be Fight Of The Night, which would be the 4th award for Taylor.

FOTH i doubt it...Cerrone has a tendency to start really slow...Hes said that himself...Cerrone will try and utilize leg kicks..

I still want Cerrone to beat up on Mac danzig cant stand that guy...

kingsmasher » Posted 3/10/11 4:01:00PM

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

I think if the two stand and bang the entire fight, I give the edge to Taylor. There is a reason that Roegan kept going on and on about how Taylor's striking was a prime example of picture perfect technique in his fight against Gabe Ruediger. He is a phenomenal striker, but Cerrone is no slouch on the feet himself. I could very well see this being a split decision in what is sure to be a highly contested fight of the night type bout. I predict a 29-28 decision in Taylor's favor if it's a striking match. If it hits the ground though, I give Cerrone the edge.

Cerrone will take this to the ground for a clear cut advantage....Cerrone is very smart and in Greg Jackson camp...But to say a fighter is great standing against Gabe Rudeiger is obvious but not all that much of a compliment...Cerrone will sub Taylor...Taylor hasnt finished anyone and was subbed by Marcus Davis...Cerrone on his back is nice to watch...Triangle second round...

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

With bonnar out
The versus main card needs one more fight to fill it
I hope its this one. Great match up
My guess is cerrone will call out cole miller if he wins

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]