MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
James Toney vs. Ken Shamrock September 23   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

BJPENN.COM was the first to learn that James Toney and Ken Shamrock have agreed to face off in an MMA match on Sept. 23 in El Paso, Texas.

While details are still emerging about the venue and fight card, the former UFC fighters are going to face off in a heavyweight attraction in what will be James Toney’s second professional MMA bout.

BJPENN.COM confirmed this with both Toney’s manager and Mr. Toney himself this evening via telephone.

LINK

Not 100% sure if this is real but it's all over twitter so figured I'd post it.

Khaos » Posted 6/27/07 8:20:00PM

I am in shock. Uh..... I guess I'd pick Toney in this one.

ChokeUout » Posted 6/28/07 1:48:00PM

Eh, Why not? Both are old, past their prime, and probably need money.

If Ken is stupid enough to stand, he gets KTFO'D. If he takes it down, he rips off Toney's foot.

I guess if Toney is gonna fight MMA again, this probably makes as much sense as any other opponet would.

TeamDEY » Posted 2/1/11 3:41:00PM

Posted by Khaos

Really?? I know Shamrock is washed up but c'mon. This is MMA, I got Shamrock all day. I don't even really care for Shamrock that much, but I will be his biggest fan that night.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

BLOODYELBOW LINK

EDIT: And Shamrock by kneebar in the first minute and a half.

FlashyG » Posted 2/13/08 10:33:00AM

Keep Seth Petruzelli on stand-by.

Shamrock has a tendency to cut in his pre-fight warmups especially against 1 dimensional strikers.

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Hmmm.....maybe Frank Shamrock will fight the winner

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

I'm suprised any other org has the money to pay James Toney to fight.

DeadHead988 » Posted 8/19/10 2:42:00PM

People still fall for this clown's charades? It's sad that there is still a demand for these type of fights.

Khaos » Posted 6/27/07 8:20:00PM

Posted by TeamDEY

Posted by Khaos

Really?? I know Shamrock is washed up but c'mon. This is MMA, I got Shamrock all day. I don't even really care for Shamrock that much, but I will be his biggest fan that night.

If Ray mercer could KO big timmy, then I'll take Toney. Personally I'd cheer against Shamrock not matter what, but I honestly think toney COULD do it, odds our however he'd lose.

40ouncetpkid » Posted 5/3/11 12:43:00AM

I swear Ken Shamrock is suicidal. This isn't Randy somebody who's still good, Ken's getting worse and is probably 20x worse then what he was when he got KO'd by the british bum in cage rage.

Toney should win this easily but murderous KO.

Sir_Karl » Posted 9/7/07 9:27:00PM

Shamrock will avoid getting hit, he will take Toney down and beat him on the ground. Shamrock via 1st round submission. Personally I think Shamrock needs to finally retire and Toney needs to stick to boxing. Boxing is a dying horse though...as is Shamrock. Do what you got to do guys!

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

I really dislike Shamrock, but i think as long as Toney tried MMA, he will continue to get subbed. Ill take Shamrock by early sub.....

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

Finally a fight the fans have been clamoring for! So many possibilities for the winner of this fight: Tank Abbott, Jose and/or Ozzie Canseco, that guy from Never Back Down, the list goes on and on.

KaibaThedon » Posted 3/25/09 9:45:00PM

lol dont care much for shamrock but lets face it, we need to take MMA over boxing all the time lol

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]